Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Acquaintance of mine just announced her PG on Facebook & wrote, "I anticipate another scheduled CS 1 week before the due date." (this is #2, #1 was scheduled CS for breech.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p><sigh></p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't know her very well, but I want to at least throw out there, "Hey, consider VBAC, here's a good book." I'll recommend checking out an ICAN meeting too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So if you could give me suggestions on which book, I'd appreciate it. I suppose I can always recommend, "The Thinking Woman's Guide" since that has a chapter on VBAC too & is very good overall.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, there could be plenty of reasons she's not attempting VBAC, but I want to suggest a book anyway - I haven't discussed it with her, but I have a very very strong feeling she's not educated <em>in the least</em>.</p>

·
Registered
732 Posts
<p>If you are close enough with her (even though you said you weren't THAT close), I'd recommend calling her and chatting to eventually asking about her plans for birth before posting anything on facebook. </p>

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>She already posted publicly that she'll be having ERCS (in response to people asking about the due date.)</p>
<p>I was going to send a FB message rather than post something on the "congrats" thread - so it would not be 'public.'</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Although I will readily admit I was tempted to post something there (after all, SHE already brought up birth there by saying she's planning ERCS) for the sake of OTHERS to read it as well. But I realize that's obnoxious & immature & her 'congrats' thread is not a place for me to take advantage of to preach about the abysmal state of American maternity care. (LOL, as tempted as I am to constantly be ranting & raving about American maternity care.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do agree a phone conversation might be even better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Basically I want to say, "I know there's a risk of uterine rupture, but there are lots of risks with ERCS too - tougher on baby, tougher recovery for you. And if you want more than 2 or 3 kids, the risks really REALLY go up with having 3-4 or more CS, so that's another thing to consider. Here are some good resources if you want to learn more." & leave it at that.</p>

·
Registered
263 Posts
<p>I wouls skip the book and suggest the Business of Being Born.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts