Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I can't decide if I should let DS stay up tonight to watch the eclipse.  We live on the east cost, so it won't be over till after 3am.  School is out for the holidays, but he has stuff to do tomorrow.</p>

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
<p>I have too much to do to stay up and watch it so Im going to set my alarm and wake up at 2:30. Thankfully, I dont have a lot to do in the am, so Ill sleep in.</p>

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
<p> </p>
<p>It's been fairly cloudy today, I hope it clears enough to watch. For once, I can appreciate my insomnia, since it's likely I would be awake anyway! </p>

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
<p>Dh plans on setting the alarm and waking ds1 (8 years old) up to see it.  </p>

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
<p>I'm planning on setting the alarm for 2:15 and waking the kids up then.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's supposed to be a clear night here.  </p>

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<p>I'll be waking DD up, but I'm not sure that she will actually want to get up when the time comes.</p>

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
<p>cold cloudy night here. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>setting alarm to wake 8 year old dd up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>however if she struggles to wake up and doesnt show any enthusiasm, i aint gonna push it. </p>

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
<p> </p>
<p>Awesome! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>At 10:00, DD decided to go to bed and asked to be woken at 1:30. I decided to wait until almost 2 a.m. She groaned, mumbled and snuggled deeper under the covers, so it was just me and the dog and a few stars for company while I watched the display. I didn't see any neighbours watching either. It's a beautiful, crisp snowy night. Now I'm off to bed, hoping to catch a few hours of sleep before I finish Christmas shopping tomorrow. </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
<p>My 10 yo set his alarm for 3:00 but I think he set it for 3 pm. Fortunately, I woke up at like 3:45, ran downstairs and could see it and went up and woke up all the kids (6, 10 & 12). They all have school today but tomorrow is the last day before vacation so it's not like they are going to be doing anything critical today. It was cloudy off and on but we did get a good view of it after it just came out of the shadow (at like 3:50). DH got up too and got out the telescope. 10 yo got a good picture and I'm going to print it out for him to take to school. They are talking about space so it fits right in!</p>

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<p>I let him stay up.  I had the worlds crankiest preschool this morning, but now that he's fully going he's fine.  I think the cranky tired morning was a reasonableprice to pay for what he got to watch last night.</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts