Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this might be fun. Maybe even helpful!
winky.gif
Anyone want to post super comfy or cool or whatever clothes you've found?

I live in these pants: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=50209&vid=1&pid=552400

Yes, they are listed in the lounge wear section. And yes, they are totally dorky. I look like a hobbit. But I don't care... they are the most comfortable pants in the world, the don't wrinkle, and they don't pick up lint. What more can a girl as for?
lol.gif


What have you found?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
I'm wearing some jogging pants that I hike up to make capris, LOL, with a maternity shirt. I also have one of those belly bands I put over a few of my pre-pregnancy clothes, but it's starting to feel a little awkward. I have a dress from Athleta that works, and another dress from Territory Ahead that is comfortable, too. I find that dresses during the summer are the most comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I hit up Plato's Closet a few weeks ago and just went through tank tops and found ones that were loose enough. It was a GREAT way to find tops that fit me for the next few months, but weren't a fortune... I packed away all of the clothes that I liked for summer that I don't want to stretch already because I would be too tempted to wear them anyways.

And TalkToMeNow - I have a pair of pants like that, but in black and the top is sparkly from ON that I just LOVE LOVE LOVE. They are SO comfy. My problem is that NC has been so hot already that I just can't be in anything that goes down that far on my legs or I feel like I will sweat to death. :(

I love dresses too though. They make pregnant bellies so cute and they are so breezy! I love them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Oh, and I got a SUPER steal at Target the other day on a bathing suit. My bikinis weren't fitting because I've grown from a C to an E. :( But I found a really cute one piece on the clearance rack for 10 dollars! It was marked down from 40... I think it will fit for most of my pregnancy too, which makes me soooo happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
I love maternity dresses that don't make you look like you're swimming in them. lol I also like the full panel maternity pants, because with the low panel maternity pants, after I get further along, they feel like they ride down low. I didn't like that very much when I was full term, cuz alot of my maternity shirts were starting to show my tummy at the end cuz I was so huge. haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meb2 View Post

Oh, and I got a SUPER steal at Target the other day on a bathing suit. My bikinis weren't fitting because I've grown from a C to an E. :( But I found a really cute one piece on the clearance rack for 10 dollars! It was marked down from 40... I think it will fit for most of my pregnancy too, which makes me soooo happy.
I'm making my own bikini for this summer, made out of a t-shirt. That way, I don't have to buy anything and I can just make a new top if my breasts grow out of the top I've made. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,580 Posts
Ha ha.. I totally bought this same dress a couple of weeks ago! I also had a pair of pants that the OP posted for my first pregnancy and another pair that doesn't quite fit me yet. They are super comfy! I actually have A TON of maternity clothes thanks to my last pregnancy and lots to hand-me-downs from friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaBanRN View Post

Those are actually pretty cute! I got this dress yesterday at Target for $6.50. http://www.target.com/Liz-Lange-Target-Maternity-Sleeveless/dp/B004CENEMQ/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,465 Posts
I'm pretty much living in my low riding shorts and roll-over skirts that I found at Old Navy a few years ago. Looks like they don't make them anymore- except for a longer version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

Ha ha.. I totally bought this same dress a couple of weeks ago! I also had a pair of pants that the OP posted for my first pregnancy and another pair that doesn't quite fit me yet. They are super comfy! I actually have A TON of maternity clothes thanks to my last pregnancy and lots to hand-me-downs from friends.
hehe we're matching.
orngtongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post

Ha ha.. I totally bought this same dress a couple of weeks ago! I also had a pair of pants that the OP posted for my first pregnancy and another pair that doesn't quite fit me yet. They are super comfy! I actually have A TON of maternity clothes thanks to my last pregnancy and lots to hand-me-downs from friends.
See, I didn't have any maternity clothes when I got pg this time. I gave all of mine away back in 07 to the girls in my teen mom group at the 9th grade academy I taught at. Yes, a teen mom group at a 9th grade only school. It boggles the mind.

Anyway, I'm trying to be thrifty, which pretty much means I look kinda crappy! Also, I have no tolerance for anything uncomfortable on my tummy. Full panels or my hobbit pants are all I can handle. I've also got a bunch of target tank tops... I'm finding the Liz Lange stuff holds up pretty well.

For anyone interested, there's a coupon on Target.com right now for $3 off any Liz Lange item.

My only real splurge has been my bathing suit. With a 6 and 9 year old, we live at the pool. So I invested in one from the Gap. I felt like it was worth it since I have been/ will be wearing it everyday this summer!

Soon, it'll be nursing clothes time! I never had any before. I was so small chested, I just skipped bras. Not gonna work this time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha's Mama View Post

I found a great pair of Prana black yoga pants at the thrift store and then I added a few inches of elastic to the waistband to turn them into comfy maternity pants :) Those are being worn about every other day!
Those sound super comfy! I want to steal them from you.
orngtongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
I was just thinking of starting a thread like this! I'm curious about whether everyone else has transitioned to maternity clothes yet. I have no maternity bottoms. I usually wear skirts, dresses, and leggings anyway, so I am just opting for elastic waist skirts. When I shopped for maternity clothes, I took a coupon and spent $20 on dresses and tops loose in the belly, button up tops, and stretchy skirts. I got several actual maternity pieces from some people. Then for work, where I have to wear khakis, I just replaced the waistband with elastic on my existing pants. So far the maternity dresses and tops look a bit silly because they're so roomy in the belly, so even though I have a bump I am wearing stretchy/loose non maternity sundresses for the most part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,580 Posts
Oh yes, I've totally transitioned to maternity clothes. I gain a crazy amount of weight when I'm pregnant, so my regular pants don't fit at all. Again, I'm really lucky to have a lot of hand-me-downs from my friends. I happen to have a friend that is an xs/s, so I have some things that fit me now. Pregnancy clothes are often so ill-fitting because you try to stretch them from the beginning to the end..

I can't wait until it gets warmer and I can start wearing my dresses on a regular basis. It's still been pretty chilly here in OR!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
I wish I lived in Oregon! My uncle lives in Portland. I visited him a few years back and him and his wife took me to Seaside and it was just AMAZING! Don't get to see ocean when you're a landrat like me. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanusMomma View Post

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this! I'm curious about whether everyone else has transitioned to maternity clothes yet. I have no maternity bottoms. I usually wear skirts, dresses, and leggings anyway, so I am just opting for elastic waist skirts. When I shopped for maternity clothes, I took a coupon and spent $20 on dresses and tops loose in the belly, button up tops, and stretchy skirts. I got several actual maternity pieces from some people. Then for work, where I have to wear khakis, I just replaced the waistband with elastic on my existing pants. So far the maternity dresses and tops look a bit silly because they're so roomy in the belly, so even though I have a bump I am wearing stretchy/loose non maternity sundresses for the most part.
I just stopped fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans this past week. :( It's so depressing! I'm starting to pack them away now... I haven't really invested in any jeans / pants that are maternity because it's going to be so hot this summer and I don't want to waste the money, but I can wear whatever I want to work...

I love dresses and leggings. And I'm almost ALWAYS in a tank top and shorts. Luckily almost all of my shorts were too big for me pre-pregnancy, so I've only grown out of one pair
thumb.gif
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top