Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some are saying this has the potential to dwarf the Disneyland measles outbreak. I guess we'll see, but I really really hope not. Scary :(

Residents from a wide swath of Massachusetts — from Rockport on the North Shore to Wrentham south of Boston — may have been exposed to measles, state and city health officials announced Thursday.

A tourist from Europe who was ill with the highly infectious disease shopped, rode the subway, and dined out in Boston and Cambridge on May 1, then headed south to Wrentham the next day to hit the outlet shops and eat at Unos Chicago Grill.

By May 3, the unidentified tourist headed north to Rockport Village, shopping at several stores, including The Pewter Shop and Sea Star Gift Shop, and visiting Brothers’ Brew Coffee Shop, officials said.

On May 4, the tourist was back in Boston, at the Star Market in Copley Square and shopping along Newbury Street. By May 5 through Sunday, the visitor was at Massachusetts General Hospital. Health officials said patients and visitors at the hospital who may have been exposed will be notified by hospital administrators.
The list on that link of all the places she visited while contagious all across Massachusetts is downright frightening.

I encourage anyone who lives in or visited the area recently to take a look.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ssachusetts/XJr7apgJ2YY0lYTgZsudsK/story.html

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yikes.

Also though the description makes me nostalgic. A lot of my old haunts when I last lived in the us. Good times. :)

·
Administrator
2,056 Posts
Some are saying this has the potential to dwarf the Disneyland measles outbreak. I guess we'll see, but I really really hope not. Scary :(

The list on that link of all the places she visited while contagious all across Massachusetts is downright frightening.

I encourage anyone who lives in or visited the area recently to take a look.
Can you provide a source link with that quote?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you provide a source link with that quote?
Yes, I edited it. So weird. I could have sworn I put the link in....ugh...need more sleep...

Reactions: Administrator
1 - 4 of 4 Posts