Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>One of the things that ds (age 9) loves to do is to make his stuffed animals play sporting events. We've hosted the Winter Olympics, we're currently hosting winter baseball (the Penguin City Seals are from Antarctica, so it's their summer), and we've just started basketball season with the Bulldogs. In addition to having basketball nets duct-taped to our chairs and baseball bases scotch-taped to the living room carpet, we also have 'score sheets' taped to all the walls. Every time a team scores, he stands up and writes it down in the chart he's made.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dh made the comment that getting ds a scoreboard that he could change would really thrill him. He's a hard kid to buy Christmas gifts for and I would <em>love</em> to get a him a scoreboard of some sort that would allow him to play his baseball and basketball games.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does such a thing exist?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've tried Ebay, briefly, but only came up with things that were intended for model railroads (that don't change) or real ones intended for high school basketball games (and cost $400!).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(I have no idea where this post should go. If it's misplaced, I'm sorry).</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I actually use one of these at work (as well as the electronic ones but those are very expensive):<br><br>
<a href="http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1276&bih=604&q=flip+scoreboard&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=22319875660893832&ei=YzLfTJu6M4T7lwfY-vSBBA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CHQQ8wIwBw#" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&biw=1276&bih=604&q=flip+scoreboard&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=22319875660893832&ei=YzLfTJu6M4T7lwfY-vSBBA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CHQQ8wIwBw#</a><br><br>
Mine is a different brand but it looks almost identical. I suggest using the search term "flip scoreboard."<br><br>
Your house sounds like lots of fun with all the sports going on ... right up my alley! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>thank you! "Flip scoreboard" is exactly what we want. I think we can get one for $20-$30 and that will do quite nicely, and go along with the penguin-sized Joe Mauer uniform from Build-A-Bear, and the Build-A-Bear baseball glove!</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts