Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow, i just had to share - training pants are awesome! i was remarking to my mom the other day that i really wanted to make some training pants for my 5.5 month old son, liam - and she said he's as big as some 1 yr olds (he's around 20lbs) so i could probably just pick some up at the store...

so i checked around and bought 3 different sizes, one that's way too big and 2 that looked like they might fit after a run in the dryer. well i washed them up and went to put them on him this morning and 2 of them (the "size 2" in one brand) BARELY fit, i had to squeeze his chunky chunky thighs in them, and another 2 fit a little better (the "18 month" size), and the last 2 are still way too big, so i'm packing them away.

anyway i think i'm going to get a couple more in the 18 month size because it just makes EC so much easier! we live in a basement suite and it's FREEZING down here so he sits on a big wool blanket folded double w/fleece pants over his trainers. nice and toasty
now i dont have to unpants him, unsnappi him, undiaper him to put him on the can, it's just whip everything down and GO!

and bonus - i don't have to figure out how to use a sewing pattern

Melissa (and Liam)

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 18 month size was "Teddy's Choice" brand, but the even smaller ones were "Baby Watson's" - got them both at the (great canadian) superstore and i think teddy's choice is their brand but i'm not sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.