Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I got a set of their pots, after seeing it recommended here. I'm having a problem with things sticking when frying though. I heat it then put oil, and most things still stick, besides for scrambled eggs. i also tried oil first, then heating the pan.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm really enjoying the pots though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any advice? Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've tried coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sara</p>

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
<p>Main techniques for cooking on stainless:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1- For larger, denser items (fillets/cuts of meat, hunks of potato etc) try to leave them out for a while before putting them in the pan. Cold out of the fridge sticks badly, closer to room temp not so much.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2- Do not flip food frequently. Once you get your sear, food releases pretty easily. If you put a piece of pork down, and try to flip it within the first couple of minutes, it will stick. It will release as soon as it is actually ready to be flipped (once browning occurs.) So if you gently prod it and it is really sticky, wait.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3- Cook on medium for most things. A nice triply set retains heat better than cheapie nonstick and doesn't need high heat. Just preheat well, add plenty of fat, and then add your (cool or room temp) food. </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts