Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi all, OK I'm not a mother yet, still in the planning stages, but I still have a question ;)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to do cosleeping but I think I'd prefer to have a cosleep bassinet attached to our bed (so I can still sleep on my comfy mattress with pillow and more space in the bed. However, once the baby starts being able to stand up you have to move them out of it. What are the options at this point? I'd still like to cosleep, but not sure if there is a "side-along" option for an older baby.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, do you still find the need for a crib if you are cosleeping and baby wearing?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
721 Posts
<p>A lot of people switch to a pack and play at that point; the Arms Reach co-sleeper can convert to a sidecar cosleeper to a bassinet to a p&p. We have an Arms Reach. However the sidecar cosleeper wasn't co-sleeping enough for my baby- he usually has to be <em>rightthere</em> or he doesn't sleep :) We changed it into the bassinet and used it mainly to have somewhere safe to put him while showering or whatnot. He napped in there a few times. Now at 9 months it's a pack and play, since he can stand, and he does like to play in there, again, if I need a safe place to put him for a second. I'm trying to get him to nap there, too, but it's rough going. Long story short, I do find it useful to have something crib-esque, even though I cosleep. My ds is too superchunk for me to comfortably babywear, though :)  </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts