Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did your child transition from two naps to one and how did you handle this transition? DD is 13 months and it's starting to be hard to get her to go to bed at night when she takes two naps. She gets up in the morning around 7:30 and is tired around 10:30, but if she takes a nap then, she isn't ready for an afternoon nap until around 5:00pm, which means she doesn't go to bed until 9:30 or 10:00. Sometimes she is able to stay up until around noon and just take one nap and then she goes to bed between 8:00 and 9:00, but I feel bad trying to keep her up when she is tired. Any thoughts on easing this transition?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I would suggest keeping her really really busy for a week or so while her body gets used to it. Take her outside for a walk, introduce new activities, like painting, playdough, gluing shapes (my 14 month old loves glue) Play with shaving cream....

If you make an effort to to low key things early in the am, then higher energy things that are exciting and will keep her awake and interested, then maybe have lunch and calm down with a book afterwards to go to sleep.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
My 15 month old is still getting used to one nap. Kind of. When he started at the daycare he's currently at about a month ago he switched to one nap. On weekends for the past 6 weeks probably, he's only taken one nap. He goes down between 11:30 and 12:00 and sleeps for 2-3 hours. Then he almost always falls asleep around 5 in the car when we go pick up my other son. On weekends he doesn't get that second nap. Whatever day he doesn't get his little early evening nap, I put him down for the night earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.