Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....I don't know why....this will be my third birth, and I am still afraid of transition. What's up with that? Does anyone have any great ideas that helped them cope?

TIA!

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaglee
OK....I don't know why....this will be my third birth, and I am still afraid of transition. What's up with that? Does anyone have any great ideas that helped them cope?

TIA!
I remember yelling alot..

Rocking on all 4's.

My cat helped alot too...

I had no emotional support during it..well except my cat. pretty scary for a FTM that is..

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lizziejackie
We were driving to the hospital during transition -- that helped me not think about it so much!
ewww..

Car + Labour = Mega ouch.

Contractionbumppotholeswearstopgostopgospeedlimitc op...

not my idea of fun..

I'm sorry you went through that..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My friend gave birth a week ago, and in her birth story, she mentioned huffing sliced citrus fruits...the scent took her away.

I'm taking citrus fruits to the birth of this baby. Sounded like a great idea to me.

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
lol.... i was in labor and i said to my mw- i am really starting to get worried about transition.... I just dont think i can handle it- She then checked me- I was complete!!!!!!!!! I had already done it!!!

I found that keeping focused on my mw's eyes- with her holding my hand really kept me calm once labor got really tough..... she kept me focused and carried me thru each contraction....

I also found saying
" I just have to get to the peak ,,,, then its all downhill- over and over while contracting and swaying helped immensely for me!!!!!!!!

I thought knew my mw loved me- and my husband as well- it was sop helpful to have them there- loving me thru itt!!!!lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.