Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p><span style="font-family:georgia;"><span style="font-size:13.5pt;">This Spring, the nonprofit organization Family and Home Network is offering free online <em>Transitioning Home</em> six-week discussion groups to first-time parents of infants born between June and November, 2011. Over many years, FAHN heard from thousands of parents about their struggles to make the transition from a focus on career to a life at home focused on caring for children. For parents making this transition, FAHN developed the <em>Transitioning Home</em> readings (including many essays from <em>Welcome Home</em>) and discussion materials.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:georgia;"><span style="font-size:13.5pt;">I’ve been volunteering with the organization since my own kids were young (I’m now a grandma!) and I’ll be facilitating these discussions. Small groups of parents will meet weekly online, using Google+ hangouts. For 90 minutes once a week participants will meet to discuss their thoughts, feelings and experiences; between meetings there are optional readings.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:georgia;"><span style="font-size:13.5pt;">Please visit the <a href="http://www.familyandhome.org/content/about-transitioning-home-discussion-groups" target="_blank"><em>Transitioning Home</em></a> page for more information, and to sign up.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts