Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allison is 22 months old..........in the last month we have finally gotten her on a nice, consistent bedtime schedule (long story). Anyway, we are traveling next month and will have a 1 hour time change. It will be earlier where we are going.

We are only going for 3 or 4 nights.......is it even worth trying to get her on their clock? or just keep her on what would be our time?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I've traveled with my daughter two time zones when she was 3 months, one year, and 15 months. Each time I adjusted her schedule. For example, her bedtime is around 7pm, so we started her bedtime routine at 7pm even though her internal clock was at 5pm. The first 2 days were difficult, but then she adjusted with no problems.

I don't think a one hour time change will be that big of a deal. If it were me I would try to keep the same schedule but not push it if dc is not into it. I think trying to keep her bedtime/naptime routine as much the same as possible is more important than the time. Good luck!

·
Registered
987 Posts
We often do a 1-hr time change, and it really doesn't seem to affect much. She usually self-adjusts over about a 3-4 day period, but I could probably keep her on schedule if I try. Anyway, you may just want to follow her lead on it and put her down no later than either the changed time or your real home time--maybe dependent of what is going on at the time. Lots of activity and visitors at my mom's house seem to mess things up much more than the time change. Good luck--I don't think it can get too bad in just a few days...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.