Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be traveling cross country, from California to New Jersey, by car, in September, with my two year old and DH. We are moving to another Air Force base. Does anybody have any recommendations for things to pass the time? I am starting to get things set up, and I want to get any supplies I need early so we aren't additionally financially strapped. I'm sensetive to corn, so I already know we will have a cooler with food in it, which will be refilled every morning, fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains, maybe some cheese, so the food and drink part is covered. She's still in diapers, and I'm putting off the potty learning until we get moved and settled, because I don't want to get her started and then add our move which will be no doubt traumatic to her, to my list of expectations. We still nurse, and I'm skilled enough to nurse her while sitting next to her in the car with both of us strapped in (more like big enough in the chest, lol) but anyway, any suggestions would be great! TIA

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Portable DVD player if you are okay with your child watching videos.
Bubbles and a beach ball for rest areas.
Bathing suits all around and stay in hotels with pools.

Good luck!
Catherine

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oooh, good answers. We have a portable DVD from when my husband was in Iraq, and we will be using that, I'm looking for good alternatives though, so she's not glued to it all day, lol. Keep the good answers coming!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.