Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to go to Costa Rica this winter, should we get our son vaccinated? If so, which ones? It is recommended that people have Hep A and typhoid fever vaccines before coming to Costa Rica. Should we scrap the trip until ds is older? Thanks..

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have the exact same question!!!! i wouldn't vax just fro a trip. i want reassuranc that you really don't need them before i'll book the flight. when did you origionally post this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize this thread is a little old by now, but just to put my 2¢ in... My husband and I live in Costa Rica, neither one of us has ever been vaccinated for either of the above (he's Costa Rican, I'm from the States and have lived here for five years). We are not planning on vaxing our son, either (he's almost 4 mos.). I guess it depends also on which parts of the country you plan on visiting (i.e., you might be more cautious if you were heading to the lower-lying Caribbean areas where mosquitoes are a problem), but personally... IMHO, I wouldn't be too concerned.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's great to hear!! We are going for Thanksgiving and are going to the Nicoya Peninsula. Any info or tips for this area?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts