Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ladies- I['m hoping that you can give me some advice - or at least point me in the right direction for information.<br><br>
There is a chance that our family will be going to Dubai for an extended period- about 8 month to 1 year. and I'm concerned about vaccinations.<br><br>
My eldest DD is 4.5 and is vaccinated up to her two year shots. our youngest DD has had her first dose of DDPT- at about 15 months, but we haven't vac since then....and quite frankly we were pretty sure we weren't going to continue at all. Now we're expecting the birth of our son in about 4 weeks...... I'm totally confused about vaxing for travel outside the country. If we have to continue with our youngest DD's shots, well, at least she's over the age of two now. but I 'm really nervous about vaxing our new baby!!!<br><br>
Can anyone recommend a site to get info about the UAE and vaccinations? or even someliving there who has experience with the medical institutions there?!?<br><br>
Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
From MDTravelHealth.com: <a href="http://www.mdtravelhealth.com/destinations/asia/united_arab_emirates.html" target="_blank">United Arab Emirates</a>

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx! I appreciate the info.<br><br>
I'd like to hear some opinions from non- vaxing parents who have travelled abroad with their children:<br><br>
-did you vac. before traveling- just BECAUSE you were traveling out of the country?<br>
- or did you NOT vac- if not- what was you decision based on?<br><br>
thanx everyone!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
We took DD to Egypt for a few weeks when she was 6 months and didn't even give vaxing a second thought.<br><br>
We were in Cairo, Luxor, Aswan and some of the smaller villages along the way.<br><br>
DD was EB at that point.<br><br>
We have since been to some of the more remote Islands in the Caribbean as well as some of the more densly populated. Last year when DD was 2ish we went to Eastern Europe and this year we will be going back to Egypt and the Sudan to visit some friends. I will not be vaxing at all. (BTW...I would LOVE to be able to check out Dubai. I want to see those Islands!!)<br><br>
HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts