Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking my 4 month old daughter on her first long car trip, approximately 7 hours, next weekend. Any advice on how to handle feedings, diaper changes, etc? My husband will be the one driving while I care for her.

·
Registered
147 Posts
at this age, they're mostly sleep. make sure to still stop every 2-3 hours to feed and change. use that time for you and DH to eat, get out and stretch, etc. take along books and toys that aren't too noisy, because it's annoying to hear the same dang song played over and over and over and over in a tiny little car!! you can stay in the backseat with the kiddo when they're awake, but you can switch to the front if you prefer when they're sleeping.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I agree, just stop frequenlty (or as needed) for diaper changes, and nursing sessions. When DH would stop for gas I would get baby out, change diaper and sit in the front nursing until he was full. It gave DH time to stretch his legs, clean the windsheild, have a snack, etc.<br><br>
IME, with four children, traveling when they are infants is a whole lot easier than toddlers and older.<br><br>
Have a great trip!

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Moving to Life with a Babe. Welcome to MDC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts