Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going away for the weekend, and of course Connor comes down with a case of the semi-runs.
I know TMI, but there's just enough to shake off and more than enough that's plain soaked in the diaper.

We'll be in the car for about 3 hours. I don't want to dunk in a public toilet, will it be ok for that nasty diaper to sit for a few hours? How nasty will it be? I can handle fresh dirty diapers,(ha, that's a contradiction isn't it?) but once they've been sitting for awhile it's beyond my yuck factor.

We're kind of sort of camping, what if I don't get to dunk the diapers for 3 days, will they come clean? Will they mold? EWWWWWWWWWW!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
My dcp doesn't dunk poopy diapers. They sit in the wet bags until wash day and then I do a dunking marathon of sorts.

If I were you, I'd take an empty dishwashing liquid bottle with you to spray off what you can. You can also use some disposable liners for the weekend to catch the chunkies.

I've never had mold issues with my diapers sitting in a wet bag for a couple days. But my diapers stay in my climate-controlled house. It might be different if they're in a hot car. Maybe someone else can tell you if they had an issue with that.

hth

·
Registered
434 Posts
A couple of summers ago, we travelled across Canada and back with our 6 kids and our cloth diapers. We did the laundry, including cloth diapers at the camp grounds' laundry facilities. My dh did the laundry while I got the kids fed and to bed. It worked out well. We only ended up with 1 diaper stained with mold (I guess.) It was an infant prefold. It got left at the bottom of the diaper pail for too long I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts