Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is 2 and we're in the midst of traveling back home. We have a long train ride scheduled tomorrow, but he spent most of yesterday vomiting and napping. He hasn't thrown up in about eight hours now and continues to nurse. Normally, I would change our departure date, but with the holiday travel beginning, most of the trains are booked later in the week. We can't afford to extend our vacation into next week, but I don't know what to do. Would you take your DC on the train if he/she was tired, but no longer vomiting?

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I would do it up to 3 hours. If it's a longer ride than that, I'm not sure. If he really seems BETTER, you know, but just tired, I'd go ahead. If he seems still sick, I would continue to try to change the travel dates I guess.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Yes, I would so go home .... and have in the past. Similar situation with a vomiting toddler and a airplane ride (we brough a covered ice cream container with us for any emergencys.)

He can nap in your lap or laying down in the seat next to you. Bring a blanket and just keep him cozy. You will both be glad to get home.

·
Registered
408 Posts
No, I would not travel with a sick child. I don't think it is fair to everyone else on the train to knowingly expose them to an illness. A slight cold is one thing, but vomiting? No way!

Not to mention I think it would be better for the child to wait until he/she is feeling much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.