Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in California and my family and I are going to New York on June 30th.
We are staying at a hotel in New Jersey and are going to visit my dh's sick grandmother. The rental car co. wanted $7 a day for carseats ( at 9 days!
) so, I am taking my seats. Is the law 60 lbs. there or 40 lbs.? I have 3 children all in seats. Second, is there someplace near where I can buy Tushies diapers? I would like to buy them there since taking 2 new packs will take up alot of room in the luggage. Third, am I packing for summer weather? or jeans and windbreakers kinda thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
NJ's law is under 8 years/80 pounds needs to be in a carseat/booster. I can't offer advice on the diapers, since we're further south than you're likely to be staying. Definitely packing for summer weather! It's been high 80s most days lately. Sorry that your dh's grandmother is sick!

· Registered
3,435 Posts
I have never heard of Tushies diapers so it is probably not likely you can find that brand here. I live in Bergen county which is close to Manhattan.

· Registered
351 Posts
Depending on where you are staying, you shouldn't have a problem finding Tushie's diapers. They have them at Whole foods and most health food stores carry them. I'd say pack for summer weather, but bring a light jacket and a pair of jeans because the evenings can be cooler. Although not recently, it's been 80's & 90's.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much for the info. on carseats. I must bring all 3 w/ no question now. I do cloth dipes at home and currently EC so, I'm hoping I can get away w/ just buying one pack...If I need more it's good to know I can find them there! Yes, my dh's grandma just had a heart attack just after we had booked our trip to see her...she had been ill and hospitalized recently. Thanks also for the tips on packing!

· Registered
5,701 Posts
Tushies are sold at the greenmarket a block away from me on 16th Street and 3rd Avenue. I bet you can get them at Whole Foods, but we don't buy diapers anymore, so I don't know. There is a Whole Foods in New Jersey - I think Short Hills or Millburn or around there - and also Montclair, I think. There is also a Whole Foods at Union Square in Manhattan, and at Columbus Circle, and on West 22nd?? and 7th Ave.?? I think. You can also get Tushies at other natural food stores in the East Village and two more east of Union Square are: Elm Drugs on 1st Ave. and I think 19th Street (the east side of 1st Ave.) and another greenmarket on 3rd Ave. and 20th or 21st Street. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact locations - but I live in the hood so if you want to go diaper shopping together, pm me
I have a 3yo ds.

· Registered
351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kewb
:doh: I can't believe I did not think of Whole Foods. They came to my area after I no longer needed to buy diapers.
They're not in my area yet... I'm at least an hour away from all of them right now. I only know that from when I was visiting my sister in montclair. Just checked and the one in Middletown opens on wednesday.
:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts