Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a trip in a little over a week. Here's the stash I plan to take:

18 fitteds
12 pocket dipes
2 wool covers
1 fleece cover
1 PUL cover

I'm concerned about compression wicking in the car, so I'll either use PUL, pockets or (gasp) sposies on the way there and back. We'll be in New Orleans, so I want to use wool when we are out and about...we're planning a trip to the zoo or something like that. I may opt to use the fleece cover only in emergencies, because it wicks worse of all and seems to be hotter than the wool. Do I need a new wool cover?
My favorite sugarpeas merino jersey cover just blew a snap, so I'm down one, and may need to replace it.

What is a good large and inexpensive wet bag.

Anything else I should consider?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoAida
I'm concerned about compression wicking in the car, so I'll either use PUL, pockets or (gasp) sposies on the way there and back.
I like the cheap pull on nylon covers from Babies R Us for car trips. They're great for when dd is not going to be moving around much. They come two in a package for $3.99.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a medium bummis wetbag that works well for in the car, I would also suggest getting a size Large one-- we need a bigger one I know when we travel than what we have. The medium is good for taking in a store to fit more than one diaper in.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I am heading out in a week as well, and am just trying not to think too much about it. I know I need wet bags and a big pail liner but I don't want to spend the money when I only need it for vacation. If I had planned ahead a little I could probably have borrowed one... oh well.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I second the BRU pull on covers. They were great for us, we went on vacation recently. I also used the wool liners on the car trip, under the usual doubler, and those were fabulous as well. We didn't have any compression issues! I was so happy, and it was great to be able to use cloth (we were gone for 8 days). MIL (who is VERY against cloth) was very surprised at how easy it was for us, and no leaks! Yay!

Bring some baking soda, I tossed a little in my pail liner each day, and there was no smell. I did laundry one time while we were away. Needless to say, I had lots to wash when we got home.

And you don't have to have a wet bag, it does help, but you can use a large plastic bag, or one of those bags from walmart that everyone talks about. It can be done! And I think you will be happier if your baby is in cloth, than the smelly DDs!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
We have nothing but leaks with PUL so I wouldn't use that. I have a Fuzbomb I was going to sell but now that you started this thread, I think I'll keep it just for travelling. That with a night-time diaper would work great, IMO.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Oh yes! I did that. I had little disposable plastic containers that I put one load's worth of detergent in. Then I just dumped it in and threw the container away. Worked great!

As for the diaper pail, when we drove somewhere, I took my own. When I flew to my parents, I just used an old 5 gallon paint bucket they had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.