Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please...
My ds had a bad abcess near his anus after we got thrush. The thrush is gone and his abcess went down (it got close to the size of a nickel!) but isn't totally gone. It's about the size of a nasty zit you'd find on your face. There is a whitehead in there, though sometimes it disappears. I've been using a tea tree oil solution of 1 part tto and 10 parts almond oil for his rashes which works great but doesn't seem to help his zit. I also tried using Butt Paste but it didn't help his zit either.

What can I use to clear up his zit without being overly drying, especially since it's near such a tender spot?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I've btdt. This sort of thing can be really stubborn and frustrating - time out of the diaper is the quickest route to healing ime. Be warned that even after the lesion closes, it will reoccur at the slightest provocation - so even after it's gone you'll have to be careful to change his diapers especially frequently and keep a close eye on it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
both my ds and I have had MRSA (methyllin resistant stapholococous aures and I am SURE I didnt spell even one of those words right
) infections that show up like abcesses under our skin. I would not mess around with homeopathy when it comes to that in our family because I will always fret if it this horrible staph infection, which can become life threatening quickly if it enters your bloodstream. My doc told me MRSA infections are becoming more and more common because of the abuse of antibiotics. The awful thing is, you NEED a strong antibiotic for this particular infection. I am certainly not trying to scare you... Just wanted to say not all abcesses are innocent.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe I forgot about breastmilk! I'll try that. BTW he actually did take antibiotics (never ending) when it was big and icky. It did wonders but never went all the way away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.