Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up taking the kids to walk-in today, after being up with 3 of the 4 from 4:00am until 7:00am.
:

Dd's 1 and 2 have something viral, but dd#3 has strep throat (not confirmed by culture, just visually). Ds is starting to brew something as well, and based on his absence of any symptoms other than fever (38.3) and generally poor disposition, I'm guessing he's getting strep as well.

I'm sure I saw mention in another thread of ways to treat strep w/o abx, but darned if I can find it. Anyone?

TIA

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Yes, you can but I would strongly suggest you treat it under the direction of a naturopathic dr (ND) unless you're very certain.

We beat certain ear tubes with the help of our ND and I strongly believe most infections can be treated naturally. ( I think I just got over sinusitis w/o whereas dh is on augmentin.) HOWEVER, strep is really dangerous and can easily morph out of control so I'd advise antibiotics (with probiotics) unless you can find a "guru."
Good luck

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...03&postcount=2

Dr. Mendelsohn says to leave it alone. Once the child manages to get the strep back under control (into balance) he will not get it again.

If on the othe hand, abx is given for strep it 'seems' to heal but comes back repeatedly until the abx no longer works.

The book I am referring to is called: Raising a Healthy child in spite of your doctor.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
I am proof of what Gitti mentions.

And because of the antibiotic usage I am now allergic to Penicillin.

We have a friend who had strep 18 times one year. He never got it again after that.

I would use C to bowel tolerance to treat strep.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by momto l&a View Post
I am proof of what Gitti mentions.

And because of the antibiotic usage I am now allergic to Penicillin.

We have a friend who had strep 18 times one year. He never got it again after that.

I would use C to bowel tolerance to treat strep.

Just so I'm clear... give vitamin C to the point that it starts causing loose stools?

dd is 3.5 and weighs around 35 pounds -- what dosage should I start with?

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
oops, just click on my link and it give you the dose.

To bowel tolerance means to have ONE loose stool, then you cut it back by about 1/3.

I just figured it out, it comes out to be almost 6,000 mg of sodium ascorbate in a 24 hour period. I would give it in some liquid all night and day long.

Here is how I figured:

35 lbs : 2.2 = 15.90 kg

15.9 kg x 375 mg = 5,966 mg

You can re-figure it yourself and make sure I am correct.

That is how much I would give and see how she tolerates it. The sicker a child is the more they need the sodium ascorbate powder.

I always post about how healthy my grandson is but just this minute I took some sodium ascorbate in water mixed with some juice up to his room because I hear him coughing. He is healthy, but also when he does get something, I immediately take care of it.

I guess that's what makes him so healthy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.