Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'll email you all too, but is anyone interested, or available to come here on wed? i'd love to have a playdate here so that amy and sam and cole can get out for a little while, be in doors, and not too far from home

post here either way on wed, or another day this week

thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I know I emailed but I'll try and make it Wed, depending on when my freezer arrives.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i emailed you, did you get it? it was titled playdate, from danapledgie @ yahoo . com ???

i say 11a. bring lunch

do you need my addy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibex67
what time would it be? DS will be at camp until 1:30 and Jayla and I have nothing to do in the am.

·
Registered
528 Posts
many thanks to Dana for hosting today. It was so rejuvenating for me to hang with some mommas again. I truly enjoyed myself.

Turns out my son will be at camp next Wed am too -- so I would love to do it again. Am willing to host in Lovettsville -- but I have 2 cats and a dog and even when I am not 8 mo pregnant my standards of a clean house are not to be emulated ... [Dana - your house is gorgeous and comfy by the way!]

Tell me what you all think...

·
Registered
528 Posts
sure ... as long as you make it absolutely clear that at 37 weeks preggers, my house may be on the chaotic side!!!! Also if the weather is bad, I am not sure I have enough space or toys to accomodate everyone. If it's good, I have a back deck with pool and sand box ...

[can you tell I am a little nervous???]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi there I just got home from Greensboro, NC I was at the Do-Re-Me & You! national convention.... It was so cool!!! We have like 10 new items, and a amazing not sold in the US all wood doll house and an all wood pirate ship... that includes all the pieces... They are amazing!!! 2 feet tall and full of everything the ship even has a chest with gold pieces.... and to top it off we were told our trip will be ..... A Royal Caribbean Cruise 6 days 5 nights all inclusive.... with a night in FL before we leave.... I am bouncing off the wall today... and the points to earn it are s low.... I can earn it (for free) for myself and James with just doing the couple shows a week I already do!!! Sorry know I am rambling I am just so happy... it is great to see a company that cares so much for the consultants...

So what is the plan for the week? Kambria and Faythe are in VBS 9-12 everyday this week.... So I can do any day after 12:00

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
LOL Michelle, I can hear you bouncing. Glad you enjoyed your trip so much.

As for this week just look back a few posts and Ibex67 has offered her house as long as you ignore the chaotic house of the 37 week pregnant woman.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi tri-staters,

My husband and I are in the process of buying a house in knoxville, md, just across the river from harper's ferry. We've been living in ne frederick county. It looks from the posts like you all get together, but I can't tell where. If anyone is nearby i'd love to meet. I am part of the attachment parenting playgroup in frederick, which i love, and one good friend lives right down the road, and i'm interested to see who else might be in the area.

my ds is one year (as of last week!) and i work for money just a little. we are going to have six acres which i am thrilled about so we can expand our chicken flock and garden and add a cow and horse and who knows what else! I'm a crunchy country gal who has been in the city and suburbia far too long.

take care, leah

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm sorry folks but the combination of being 38 weeks pregnant and this heat is kicking my butt. Additionally my Blood pressure is a bit high so I am spending every possible minute in bed.

I am going to have to withdraw my offer to host tomorrow's [wed] playgroup. I am really sorry to do this at the last minute. I was hoping to feel better -- b ut yesterday I had to spend most of the day in bed.

DH is actually working from home as much as possible so that I can rest.

Sorry again.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi leah;
Welcome to the area... My name is Michelle I am in Harpers Ferry, I have 4 DD (yes four of them LOL) I am so very happily married to James.... I sell Do-Re-Me & You! work for the pta at my oldest's school... I think that covers all the bases :) When are you moving?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey Leah - I live across the Potomac in the other direction: In Lovettsville, VA. I have 2 boys - one will be 3 in Oct and the other was born (at home) on July 4 (I can't believe he'll be a month old on Friday!)

Congrats on your move to the Country! Let us know when you're moved in.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey all if you want we can switch houses and I'll host. I've had a busy few days so I haven't even read the thread all the way through but it looks like things were canceled for tomorrow. I certainly don't want to do anything outside so if you all want to come here you are welcome to. Post or email (scrubsjm at adelphia dot net- fixed to look like a normal email of course) and let me know and I'll send directions. Of course if this is to last minute I'll hopefully see you all soon, when it isn't so HOT!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think we're going to hang out at home tomorrow. we're going to go up to blockbuster and rent some movies, get some slushies. and veg in the basement

next week for sure though!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts