Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi, All.  How's this for a plan?</p>
<p>Let's start with Chocolat.  We'll meet at the Barnes and Noble cafe at Southpoint at 2pm.  Everyone will try to watch the movie for the first meeting so we can discuss it and meet one another.  Then we can meet to discuss the book after the holidays.  (I am flexible on the time, but it needs to be afternoon for me to participate).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it's a drive for y'all, there are other nice things to do in Durham that day besides just visiting the mall.  The Nasher Museum at Duke is having a free family day on the 21st (open noon-5pm). </p>

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
<p>That's really close to me, and in an area I am often near.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've seen the movie already.  So I'll just need to get a copy of the book.</p>

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
<p>Sounds good to me!</p>

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
<p>Sounds good to me! I've always heard good things about the book and movie</p>

·
Registered
108 Posts
<p>I can join now, too! <3 I will do my best to watch the movie before then! Yay!</p>

·
Registered
108 Posts
<p>So, I was thinking about this, and I really don't want to watch the movie before reading the book. I hate knowing anything when I am reading a book (I don't even read the back cover- ever). So...can I skip the first meeting but join later? Ill try and get the book next week...</p>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<p>The book and movie are very different, so you won't mess up the book by watching the movie.  Some of the character story lines are similar, but there are a fair number of changes.  The movie is just really beautifully done and a nice intro to the feasting time of year.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But of course you can join later if you want!</p>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a reminder that we plan to meet today at 2pm at the Barnes and Noble cafe at Southpoint. ( If you want to review the movie Chocolat to discuss, just a tip that it's on YouTube in sections. )<br><br>

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that I have posted the reminder for everyone, sadly I am going to have to miss. My baby daughter caught the croup that is going around, and I don't want to spread it to y'all's families. I hope you all have good discussion and that I can join you after the holidays.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
<p>I'm still planning to be there.  Who else?  Let's try to get a count so we know if we need to wait for anyone.</p>

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
<p>I'm planning to be there with Lorelei.  She's a little sniffly, but I think I can still safely go.  But I warn you all of her sniffles just so you're aware if you try to hold her or anything.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think Carhootel is planning to go.  But I haven't heard from her today.</p>

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
<p>I think I saw something on her FB about not going to something else, so maybe that means she is coming.</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts