Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve found recipes for wipe solution on the net but the last time I tried it was a bad recipe. I really want to make some – anyone have a recipe they’ve used?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Have you tried Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion? I LOVE this stuff! It smells so yummy and cleans poop off really well. I've even used it to wash pen ink off my toddler's hands.

If you buy the refill you will never run out...that stuff makes so much! All you have to add is some witch hazel.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I just make my own wipe solution and it's always worked just fine for me.

I use the peri-bottle given to me in the hospital and just fill it almost all the way to the top with water, add a couple of drops of baby shampoo and a couple of drops of TTO. Works great.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Honestly, we usually just use water. But if we do use a solution, there is one that I
-- even more than the Kissaluvs lotion potion stuff -- ... I LOVE my Baby Bumz from Natural Simplicity (http://www.naturalsimplicity.net). It's a blend of fabulous oils and it has the most amazing scent to it. I like it much better than the Kissaluvs stuff -- I found the diaper lotion potion to have just a bit too strong of an odor for my liking (that said, every once in a while I crave that smell, if you can believe it! partly for the nostalgia because it was my first 'real' wipe solution purchase!).

So... you can check out Natural Simplicity.. or I got my Kissaluvs spray from http://www.diaperware.com !

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I use 3-4 drops of lavender, 1-2 tea tree & sometimes another essential oil, with 1/2 TBS of olive oil or apricot oil & fill a recycled Huggies wipe container with boiled & filtered water almost full. Then I fold my wipes in half and put them in. This works really well for us!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I do 2c.water, 2T mild soap (I was using LOC from Amway, because I had it sitting around :LOL), and 10 drops of lavender oil, poured over a wipes-box full of flannel wipes. The lavender oil keeps them from mildewing, and is soothing to the skin.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I'm really happy with plain tap water. I use a wipes warmer and fill it with fresh wipes once a day or so. I briefly tried a recipe I found online that used a few drops of organic baby shampoo and essential lavender oil--but my son's bottom turned red, and the oil on the wipes transferred to the microfleece on my dipes in the laundry and caused the world's worst repelling until I did some mighty stripping. What a gigantic PITA. I stick to plain water now, there really isn't any need for oil/soap/lotion/whatever.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I purchased some liquid glycerine form a soap supply, and have found it in craft stores in the soap making area. It's pure liquid glycerine... no other ingredients.

This is the gentlest thing you can use on skin!

So, I add about a tablespoon to a quart of water... sometimes I add as much as 3 tablespoons. Then, I usually put a few drops of lavender oil and shake well.

Teri

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have no set measurements, I eyeball it. I put tap water into the container and then a drop of Aveeno Stress Relief Body Wash w/lavendar. It smells sooo good. No redness, not sudsy. I alos use tap water with lavendar baby bath (too sudsy though). My baby can't take TTO-makes her turn red. Since I'm using tap water I have to make sure it's just enough for that day's use. I guess I could prolong it with distilled water, but it wouldn't be "fresh" to me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've also been using my peri bottle. Fill with water and have been adding a about a capful of Burts Bees Apricot Oil. However, I'm finding that my dd bottom is getting very dry so I think I need to add more oil. I think I may try lavendar also...as I seem some mamas use that also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.