Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
My youngest did not want solids. She was extremely active, walking by 10 months, running shortly thereafter. However, she wanted NO solids, not even the fruit. I trusted her and took her cues to heart. Finally at 13 months, she showed some interest. She remained big for her age, so I was probably able to follow her lead more easily than if she had been small. She has multiple food intolerances. I think her little body knew she could not tolerate some of what she would have been fed and that is why she did not want food early. Breastmilk is best. Food is for experimentation, learning, not nurtrition til later. Most babies do fine without solids for the first year. Some may not. I know with my two, the one on solids at 6 months was anemic at 9 months. The one not on solids until 13 months has never been anemic. Enjoy the nursing and trust her. She knows what she needs. She always will if she is allowed to trust her instincts. I know it is hard. I probably would have had a harder time had I needed to do it with my first.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.