Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new at cd, ds is one month today and has been at least part time cd since birth and we went full time last week.

heres my problem, i want to use pfs and fitteds with mainly wool covers. we are loving the fitteds and covers but have the hardest time with the pfs. i didnt like snappies, just not for us i guess, but pins are so hard. i cant seem to get the legs tight enough and if i do the waist is too loose, and if the waist is good the legs are all saggy.

we tried the basic folds and so far the bikini twist thing is working the best, but its not great. ds body is not chubby by any means nor skinny for that matter.

please tell me that with practice it will get better, i really, really want to use pfs.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i am no pin expert ..but i have been trifolding my dipes and just laying them in the cover .. i have bumkins and tuck it under the flap and it works great !!
i have been folding them sideways the longer side on top , does that make sense , lmk if you want a pic or something

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I'd switch to velcroed covers instead of pull on ones, with those there is no need to fasten the diaper. Of course, I can see how you could be attached to the current ones, I'd keep using them with the fitteds and go with imse vimse (sp?) or just prowraps with the PF's.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Totally prefer pins over snappi the trick I've learned (and soo much easier to show in person is to really make sure th pinch the fabric to get a good fit it almost feels like our pinning too tight but there will be just enough slack in the end to give a comfortable fit. This and good Pins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.