Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here try this? I know its used for loosing weight (supposedly to suppress your appetite, never had that effect on me tho) but I just want to eat it for a "chocolate fix". Note: I'm definitely NOT using this for any dietary purpose, just for, urgh... craving purposes since its here in the house (my mom use to eat it a lot)

Heres the list of ingredients, they seem okay to me:

TRU Chocolate Has All Natural Toxin-Free Ingredients: Organic Cocoa Liqueur, Organic Cocoa Butter, Xylitol, Proprietary Herbal Formula, Natural Vanilla Extract and Organic Lecitin. A proprietary blend containing Momordica, Charantia, Dehydrated Noni Fruit, Bioflavonoids (Citrus Extract), Ellagic Acid (from pomegranate), Green Tea Extract, Fabanol®** and Bioperine®** (from black pepper).

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Any warnings on the package to avoid eating while pregnant or nursing? If there are no warnings, I suspect it's fine.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I worry specifically about the Xylitol and "proprietary herbal formula"... that could really be anything. I wouldn't eat that if I wasn't pregnant. Yikes. Real chocolate in moderate amounts would be way better for you, IMHO.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Yeah, the proprietary herbal blend would be concerning to me; since they won't tell you, you have no way of knowing whether the particular herbs are safe in pregnancy.

I personally would not be concerned about the xylitol. I use it a lot to prevent tooth decay, for my kids and myself, pregnant or not. Everything I've read says it is safe, and our dentist actually recommends it during pregnancy to reduce the strep mutans bacteria that will be passed to the new baby through kisses. I was chewing xylitol gum throughout my last pregnancy with my now- almost 2 year old, and still am in this pregnancy.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info... yeah. maybe i'll grab some chocolate from Trader Joes. Its not like the place is far from my house...

As for the xylitol, lula's mom, thats an interesting tip from your dentist. I have some at home. maybe DD will start having more of it in her oatmeal and such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.