Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross Posted at HC too. And hello to old friends that are here!

I have been MIA from the diaper world for a long time. My 4th baby girl is a hand full & in the past few months, after 10 years of CDing on & off, I have decided to quit using them altogether.

I feel bad about it & also very guilty but I just cannot keep up with homeschooling, my photography business & remembering to change her every 30 minutes so she doesn't pee through her clothes. The straw that broke the camels back was when I forgot a pail of diapers for 2 WEEKS & they were all covered in fuzzy mold & I had to throw away several hundred dollars worth of fluff.

I still cannot bring myself to sell her beautiful stash & I still look here at HC to see all the pretties but my heart is just not in it anymore.

Am I awful?? I feel guilty about it & feel like a failure in a weird way.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Oh, I've felt like that about other things. One of my closest friends would say to me "I'm sure you can find better things to beat yourself up about.".

We all do so much. I think you have to do what is best for your family. It sounds like you have a full plate as it were. Just keep being an awsome mama!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
((hugs))

My motto has always been "we work in the dark, we do what we can." Feel good about all the positive and wonderful things and don't sweat the decisions that needed to be made.

Sorry about the loss of the nice fluff. That had to hurt.

O yeah, super-pee-kids can sometimes change habits over time. I know C is less of a super-streamer than he used to be. In a couple months, maybe the fluff will call again.

Best wishes. Virg

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Don't feel bad. Over the course of several months I've used more disposables than I want to think about. My oldest had started his therapy/preschool and need to be in sposies for that and my youngest is still part-time in cloth. He is such a super-peer that some days I would get so frustrated with changing his outfit all time time (unless I caught it in less 45 mins). You have done a great job for cding for so long and maybe one day you will want to come back to it (maybe even part-time).

I'm also really sorry to hear about the moldy fluff--that had to be terrible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.