Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I can get this resolved with an US, but my doc doesn't see patient's until around week 10 and I'm trying to figure out as close as I can where we are at with this pg ...

In December I was having some mildly sore nipples, discomfort with DS2 nursing, etc. and I wondered a little if I might be pg. The symptoms went away after a week or so and on dec 29th I got AF, which was fairly heavy. I might have been a week late, so not really sure if it was just normal or possibly an early mc. I believe I also had bleeding for several days a couple of weeks later. I figured I was just getting back to my normal cycles, which were pretty much 2 weeks of bleeding, 2 weeks off, etc. They had been more "typical" since my first AF after DS2 was born at about 5 months and had been 5-6 days long and very regular.

If I had a period in February if had to have been short/light, etc. - I really don't remember.

DH and I have not been exactly very "active"
I remember a couple of times in January when we DTD and possibly once in February (I think around the 9th but DH disagrees with this - he doesn't think we did).

I got a BFP last weekend (it was instant - the + came up before the control line both times I tested)

I have been having the VERY sore nipples for a few weeks, I think, but they have just been kind of increasing over that time, with more nausea/food aversions/smells, etc. Initially I thought DS2 was just getting his 2-year molars or something.

I remember thinking at the start of February when a close friend wanted to go out for a few drinks that I wondered if I shouldn't on the off chance that I was pg - I don't remember if I got AF after that or not.

Ugh - I know it's easier to just request an US. What would you think? I figure I could be anywhere from about 6 weeks to about 10 weeks right now - but it seems like the symptoms might be too much too soon for us to have conceived in February?

These hormones drive me crazy ... I thought I wouldn't make an appointment until the first of April, but maybe I'll make an earlier one just to get it figured out.

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Oh wow, I'm not sure what to think. I know it's not what you wanted to hear - but I think I'd just ask for an early u/s. For what it's worth my sore bbs started around 4 wks and nausea/food aversions came on around 6 wks. But of course it's different with every pg (with dd my bb's hurt 2 wks before af was even due, but nausea didn't come on till around 8 wks). It seems like as foggy as you are with the timing an u/s is probably your best bet.

Oh and congratulations, btw!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Oh geez, it's so hard to say isn't it?

Well, i think if it's important to you to know when your EDD is, that an early ultrasound is the way to go.

It sounds to me like you probably had a period the last week of January, and therefore would have conceived mid February, around the 8th to 11th, and would be due the first week of November. BUT if you are thinking you didn't have a period in January... then i think you would be due mid October. Not much help eh?

Either way congrats!!! Let us know what ends up happening!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat because my I had two periods postpartum, the last in December and then poof, they disappeared. I took a preg test in Jan and one in Feb, both negative. I took one yesterday, and it's positive. My midwife suggested I get a Quantitative BHCG to get a better idea of where I am. If you're not cool with an early u/s then you might want to explore that option first...

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Is your doc going to be worried if you don't have an accurate due date?

If you want to avoid an ultrasound, you can watch for signs like when your uterus comes up above your pubic bone, and how many cms you are measuring. Did you measure fairly accurately with your first?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I got an instant BFP and thought, based on symptoms, I was maybe 8 weeks. My hcg level supported this. However, I wanted an edd so I got an early US and I was 14 WEEKS. Apparently after a certain point the HCG levels start to go down, so my hcg level was right for a 14 week pregnancy, too. I totally missed a lot of symptoms. Congrats and good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.