Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,<br><br>
My DS is 12 months old. He cosleeps with us at night, and DH and I are happy with this arrangement. However, I also have to sit in bed next to him while he naps during the day. He wakes if I try to lower him into a crib to nap, but he tosses and turns too much to be left alone on the bed. I would like to be able to have some time to get things done while he naps. Is he old enough to try a toddler bed with a rail for naps? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey there...I am right there with you but for slightly different reasons. My dd is also 12 mo and I cannot get her to nap alone because she is so used to sleeping with us. If I could get her to nap without my nipple in her mouth, I would set up a twin bed on the floor so it is super close to the ground. Maybe you could nurse to sleep there and roll away?? We have tried our king bed on the floor with no boxspring...could you try that?? HTH

·
Registered
598 Posts
We moved our mattress to the floor when DS1 was old enough to crawl. For naps (and at night before our bedtime) I would nurse him to sleep then wait 5 minutes or so to unlatch and sneak out. I'd also put a pillow at each side of the bed just in case he rolled.<br><br>
kdescalzi, sometimes I struggle to unlatch as well. With DS1 I always have to wait at least 5 minutes, and if he wakes then I latch him on again and try again 5 minutes later, repeating as many times as needed (and sometimes driving myself bananas). DS2 I usually wear to sleep, then transfer him from my wrap to the bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts