Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make impressions of dd's footprints that can be put outside in the garden as a gift for my mom. The research I've done says to use cement, I don't want to stick her little parts in cement. All the air dry clay I've seen isn't durable enough for outdoor use. When I was a kid I had some clay that we baked in the oven, the ashtray I made has been on my mom's deck for 20 years (they don't smoke, not sure why I thought they needed an ashtray) but I have no idea what the product was. I could arrange use of a kiln but it's mom's kiln so that would ruin the surprise. Any material suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try plaster of paris. That is what we used as kids but I don't remember if the items went out side or actually got stepped on. There are kits out there too, unsure if they use resin or plaster of paris.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
plaster of paris cracks kind of easily.I did it with my gal but I just used cement.It wasn't sratcht or anything.Ok i say that because I'm trying to guess what the cement issue is.Hmmm?Trying to think of what else you could use?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.