Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a rash for 6 days, it is not PUPPPS, it looks like an allergic reaction, but I have no idea what I could have reacted to. The midwives had me start Zyrtec on Monday and there is no improvement. I have been doing a couple things topically that don't make it go away, but help the itch a bit. I started some dandelion root tincture and milk thistle yesterday.

The midwives just got some of my blood work back and said my platelet count has dropped (it dropped several weeks ago so they repeated the lab and it dropped again). Of course they were reassuring and don't want me to worry, but they want to do the blood work again and possibly a liver panel since the rash is not getting better. I don't really have any other symptoms of anything so far.

This by far has been my best pregnancy, I have eaten really well and exercised the whole time. No aches and pains, very little heartburn, sleeping well, normal weight gain (for me, I have always gained 50+lbs), very little swelling... I am tired, but that is normal right?

I don't like stressing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
If you like them, you can try baths with sea salt for the rash. I find it very helpful :) Just a few handfuls. Stops itching, heals things quickly :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not tried that, I have been doing oat baths. It has not helped much, but is still enjoyable and and buys me an hour alone in the bathroom!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post

I have not tried that, I have been doing oat baths. It has not helped much, but is still enjoyable and and buys me an hour alone in the bathroom!
I was doing those for my PUPPS, but the salt felt better, was easier and you don't have to wash the tub after ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you use one cup of sea salt per bath?

They are doing the liver panel next week if the rash doe snot clear. I am glad we are doing it, but I am nervous. Giving up my home birth at this point would be disappointing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post

Do you use one cup of sea salt per bath?

They are doing the liver panel next week if the rash doe snot clear. I am glad we are doing it, but I am nervous. Giving up my home birth at this point would be disappointing.
I have a really big bath tub so I probably use more than most, but I also never measure. For a regular tub, yes, one cup! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I really don't have any good advice, unfortunately. But good luck! I hope the salt baths help for you! I once had a dermatologist tell me to spend lots of time in the ocean to get rid of warts on my fingers... It didn't work, but it goes to show there is a lot of faith in salt water's healing powers!
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inali View Post

I really don't have any good advice, unfortunately. But good luck! I hope the salt baths help for you! I once had a dermatologist tell me to spend lots of time in the ocean to get rid of warts on my fingers... It didn't work, but it goes to show there is a lot of faith in salt water's healing powers!
thumb.gif
I fell in love with salt water after getting my piercings. Pain would just go away and healing was better. Then someone I know got herpes and I told them to try it - and it totally helped with the sores! Salt water is my hero :D
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top