Mothering Forum banner
201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
M - I'll email my acupuncturist later... and see if she knows.

Oh. and an update. got the SA results back today. No change. still antibody infested. IUI this week, then IVF here we come.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiromama

Oh. and an update. got the SA results back today. No change. still antibody infested. IUI this week, then IVF here we come.
is checking for antibodies standard with a s/a??? if you do ivf do you have to do icsi with it b/c of the antibodies??

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Im sorry I've been quiet for so long, I've been here reading posts, and thinking about you all.

Im on CD 20 and 3DPO. DH and I tried this month so keep
:

Sleepymama, and Velvet: the pregnant and insensitive women can be hard to take.
Im sorry you have to deal wiht that. I just had to deal with my neighbor actually complaining she got pregnant without even trying and by accident. And this was right after we told her that we'd have to do IUIs!

Ary
sorry you have to deal wiht uberfertile people and how unfair it is that you're not still pregnant, when you should still be

May-Lily The heart knows best, if it leads you to adopt from India maybe you're meant to. GL. Sorry you and DH were fighting, hope you made up.

Johanna

Mimid
: that you'll get your BFP

Adina Glad your exam was good, I hope your got a restful day off.

Fenwickmama feel free to express frustration, what have you, there's no 'term minimum' on that, we're all here to support eachother.

Polka please try not to give up, ITAw/ Veveteen,you got pregnat before, you can do it again

Yah! Annakiss!! It's so wonderful to see one of our own have her baby

Chiromama Sorry about the SA results, good luck with the IUI so you wont have to do IVF

I know I'm forgetting someone, the thread's been really busy and I get overwhelmed, plus I suck at personals and posting in general

To Everyone
:

Woops I didnt realize how dark it got while typing this post, and now I need to go let my dogs in befor the fox or an owl eats them.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Hi Annie! We've missed you!

Jodi, the antibody test is a separate test... Have you had it done? I'd recommend it!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
chiromama, thanks for the antibody information-i'll ask about that next week altho one of the links you provided said the 'washing' of the sperm for ivf/iui will take care of it and since we are heading toward iui, maybe it's not an issue? either way, good to be aware of it since it's not in the normal SA test.

anyone ever had a failed endometrial biopsy? i did yesterday-she couldn't find the opening of my cervix and since she's not a dr (physicians ass't at the RE) she didn't want to force it (um, thanks!) so it was a wasted trip/morning. she said it's not usually a big deal and won't impact the dye test or an eventual iui but seemed weird to me. she pulled out the ultrasound and said the cervix looked fine there but who knows...the more i learn, the more mystery i'm finding...

have a good wednesday everyone! june 1st, holy crap!
~kel

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Fenwick mama, washing won't take the antibodies off, but it will help get rid of slow moving or dead sperm. The only thing that will bypass ASA is IVF with ICSI. I wish the IUI wash would do it! Then it would be a relatively inexpensive fix!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
fenwickmama--I'm just
that she couldn't find the opening of your cervix. I mean, I've got a way low, tipped back cervix that *I* can't reach myself...but everybody who's had a speculum down there has been able to find it. Where do they train these people??? Good grief!!! That's how they do paps, it ain't that hard!!!

And my update--CD 23?? I'm not charting this month but I O'd way late (could tell by CM) Normally I would O around day 12 but this month, day 17 I think. I'm not taking vitex this month since we're taking time off--could that have made me O late?? I'm stumped. Normally I would be starting AF today or tomorrow but now I don't expect it until this weekend? or later? which would be the absolute longest cycle I've had since before my miscarriage. Normally 23-24 days with 10 day LP, so I guess I'm looking at 27-28 days. It will be a surprise. We DTD sometime around O but I wasn't paying attention, so I guess there is a small chance I am PG, but not bloody likely since we used the good old sperm-inhibiting lube instead.

The LLL conference was OK, & we made a ton of money! And I met some other WAHMs which was cool. The worst part was seeing women with toddlers the same age as mine who were largely pregnant, like a reminder of what I lost. But I met a woman who had 2 m/c after her son and is now 6 months PG, and finally felt able to buy some stuff for the new baby, plus she has hyperemesis poor woman, and looked sick and exhausted. It was very cool to see women BFing without shame and out in the open though. Plus my MW was there and I spent a good while talking with her about my situation, and she knows just the right things to say, and wants to know what I find out from the RE.

I also talked to another woman who is getting ready to TTC #2 with ART. She had injectibles w/donor sperm and IUI and got PG on her first try with her son, and is about to do it again (she's 39 now). She has kaiser and I was shocked to hear that they cover up to 4 IUI's & meds and all the diagnostic testing!!! Dang! Kaiser isn't an option for us, and I had them a long time ago and wasn't happy, so that totally shocked me. Anyone here have kaiser?

Korin, I hope this last IUI takes and you don't have to go to IVF, but I know you're ready to do what it takes. I hope there is a
girl: (or boy!) in your near future!

maylily, velvet, squeaker, I hope you find your perfect herbal cocktail! I am not ready to delve into acupuncture yet, but my mind could be changed once I get the bill from the RE

Polka, I'm sorry you're so discouraged

I know I'm forgetting someone...
to everyone! Maybe annakiss can stop by in a few weeks and spread some of that PG and gentle labor dust around! I admit, I'm more jealous of that wonderful birth than anything.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It is with some reluctance that I will bring up the fact we are now in June. Therefore, it's time for a new thread. Come on girls, new thread, new beginning. . .I feel discouraged too when I realize yet another month has gone by, but let's try to stay positive.

See you in June.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.