Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Miscarried at 12 weeks and am super eager to TTC again.  What's the word on waiting to try again?  Also, when can I expect to ovulate?  Before I became pregnant, my cycle had been every 28 days like clockwork for quite a few months.  Is it likely that will resume or might it take a few months to regulate? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I guess I feel like if I get pregnant again right away I will lose less time.  Also, at 12 weeks, I had already gained about 10 lbs and my body still looks pregnant.  It is making it very difficult to get over this experience.</p>

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
<p>First, I am so sorry for your loss.<br>
Have you stopped bleeding from the m/c yet? I've heard that the cycle after a m/c can be "extra fertile" for whatever reason (the hormones maybe?) but being that far along, may take your body a bit to ovulate again? Are you following up with a doc at all to test out your hcg levels etc? Some women keep taking hpt's randomly until they don't get a line anymore...then you know the hcg is gone and I am not sure if one's "normal" cycle resumes from then?<br>
Some recommend waiting a couple months but usually that is for emotional healing and not necessarily physical.<br>
I hope some other ladies can offer some advice for you!</p>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Thanks for your reply!  Believe it or not, there has been a new development in the last hour!  I had extremely minimal staining after my d&c 6 days ago.  For religious reasons I am required to count 7 "clean" days following a period or bleeding before resuming sex.  I was about to start those 7 days tonight and then noticed bright red bleeding when I went to the bathroom - like a period.  Could it be possible only 6 days following a d&c??? </p>

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<p>sorry for your loss</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also am miscarrying at 7 weeks, but did not have a D&C. From what my doc told me, a regular period would likely not resume for 4-6 weeks regardless if you have a D&C or let the miscarriage happen naturally. I wouldnt think 6 days after a D&C you'd get your period. Have you asked your doctor?</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts