Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title says it all we have been sick, like wanting to die stomach bug sick. Today is the first day in 5 that I actually feel mostly normal. I'm on CD 9, so I am starting to show signs of fertility, but is it a wise decision to even think of TTC this cycle after my body has been through such turmoil? I just want to be in good physical condition and well honestly I'm probably not(obviously), I haven't been able to take my multi, fish oil or b-complex in days.

Is it even a smart decision to TTC this month? Or do wait until another has gone by?

· Premium Member
13,827 Posts
I think in a case like this... it's whatever your gut feeling tells you to do. Your body knows better than any of us if it's ready to handle a baby after that. Some women bounce back quickly, others not so fast... if you don't think it's ready, start taking the vitamins again and try next month.

· Registered
2,346 Posts
You'll have at least a week with no symptoms, probably more. I would think it is totally okay. I think health has more to do with the ability to get pregnant. Surely you will be better in a week, and you should bounce right back from it, no? I would still go for it, but would love to hear why you wouldn't (other than throwing up at the thought of sex).

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I was just wondering if my body would be totally depleted (like all my folic acid). I seriously have eaten just a few things this week. Generally I am great health and eat well. I was just wondering if it's a smart thing to try when your body isn't in necessarily prime condition.

I am feeling way better today, but I still haven't tried to take my vitamins. The thought of taking those horse pills right now makes me want to shudder.

· Registered
2,346 Posts
You are totally fine! If you are a healthy person, there is little reason why even your folic acid would be depleted without even taking a vitamin. I have crohn's which sucks away my nutrients, and I am still a very healthy person as far as having a baby goes. Women's bodies are made with many reserves-not just for getting sick, but also for having babies. In fact, I believe that our reserves will go to the baby before they go to us. Someone might be able to confirm that. Unless you are also anerexic, I would not worry about it

· Registered
371 Posts
Look on the bright side. Some of our number are doing FASTS, and "Cleanses" and your body should be cleansed by now!

Just take your vitamins when you can.. and drink plenty of liquids. YOu'll be fine.

· Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I am definitely not anorexic, I am a very healthy, curvy woman. I just wasn't sure if being that sick would hurt my chances of being nice and fertile. I really haven't been that sick in a really long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.