Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely new at this and have just got the hang of charting. Yay! (sorry, it's on paper so I can't share)
Just wondering how breastfeeding affects your charts and TTC. I have a feeling that it messes with your CM so the number of days you have to BD and conceive are fewer.

DD is just over 2 yrs old and nurses once a day usually. so - occasionally. So I'm thinking it won't work against me as much as if she was nursing all the time.

gisele

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Once a day isn't much nursing. Are your cycles regular?
Fertility Friend is free, and sharing is sooo much fun...

It seems like breastfeeding can have all kinds of odd effects on your charts. It certainly is messing with my CM, but we breastfeed at least four times per day, still.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have very regular cycles - 31 days, O'ing on day 18 (today!!).
I just don't have the time to put the info into fertility friend. In an effert to simplify life I just keep a pen and chart by my bed. Then I don't have to think of it any other time. Of course, the longer we TTC, the more involved (read obsessed) I'm sure I will get.

Once a day is not much but it's pretty regular and the hormones are still there, right.

My naturopath strongly recommends weaning before TTC but I just can't. It should be that these things can co-exist. DD will wean on her own before too long anyway.

g.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I don't know for sure--but it definately does mess with my cycles. I nurse still between 2 & 4 times a day usually. I've had cycles that last 9 weeks and cycles that are 30 days. It drives me nuts. I'm still waiting to see what is going on this month (I'm on day 38 with no AF and no BFP yet). I should have had AF yesterday from when I thought I o'd based on cm. I think bfing affects different people differently (some don't get AF back until they wean, others get it back right away, etc.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts