On a TTC Break

Musicoholic
:

·
Registered
925 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsang
Re. reading your CM from other fluids, TCOYF suggests doing Kegels (it calls it a Semen Emitting Technique) when you're using the toilet after you've BD'd. That should get all the fluid out, so the next time you check it should just be CM. HTH!

Thanks for the advice! I really should get that book! It's dumb, but I guess in the back of my mind I'm thinking that if I get a book about my fertility and get a bunch of ovulation tests and what-not, it will be like I'm admitting that I expect to spend months and months trying to conceive.
I know, I know, that's really silly.
: I'm really not supersticious, I promise.

Okay, showing my ignorance once again: Flexing like I'm doing Kegels on the toilet after DTD must feel like the natural thing to do for me, because now that I think about it, I've caught myself doing that before.......but stopped myself because I thought it would be bad for the semen to "escape".
Shouldn't I WANT that stuff to stay in there?
That's probably addressed in TCOYF and I should just break down and buy the book instead of bugging you ladies w/ my crazy questions.

Ang:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

As for me, just feeling a tiny bit crampy last night and today. Don't know why, but I'm guessing it's a good sign - either I'm O'ing or something's else is happening down there. CD 17.
:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Jennifer...Our new page looks good! Thanks for keeping us on track...you're awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kewpie-o
I really should get that book! It's dumb, but I guess in the back of my mind I'm thinking that if I get a book about my fertility and get a bunch of ovulation tests and what-not, it will be like I'm admitting that I expect to spend months and months trying to conceive. I know, I know, that's really silly. I'm really not supersticious, I promise.
ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto! I feel the exact same way...sometimes I don't log a negative pg test down on my chart because I don't want to jinx myself. The other day I wouldn't kill a daddy long-legs spider that was on the kitchen counter while I was cooking, because I was afraid she'd kill my baby.

kewpie, re. the kegels after bd'ing. I thought the same thing, as you did. But, TCOYF says that the fastest ones are up their in something like the matter of a couple minutes (don't quote me on that since I don't have the book right here in front of me). I always rest for about 30 minutes after bd'ing & then go to the toilet & do the kegels. By that time, they've had enough time to get past the cervix & up into the uterus & fallopian tubes.

Well, my temps are back down to pre-o levels this morning. Oh well, it'll happen on another cycle I guess. It did feel good to be pg for a minute (literally A MINUTE!
), but I just had a feeling that it wasn't my time. Isn't that weird?! I just knew.
I'm just glad that I'm feeling better mentally than yesterday & Monday. Man, I was really depressed on Monday. It was awful. Thankfully, I have you all!

Have a great day &
to all!

·
Registered
121 Posts
itsang ~ I'm sorry it wasn't "your time", just take good care of yourself and try not to stress..it'll happen for you.
:

As for me, no AF yet (I'm 12 weeks pp now)..I have no idea what my doctor was talking about when he said that I was ovulating, If I was I would either had AF or a bfp...but don't have anything
:. DP and I are just going to keep DTD...who knows, maybe I will O sometime soon! If I don't get AF by next week then my doc will give me something to bring it on, for now we're just taking everything a day at a time. It really is fun ttc though, this is the first time that we are trying. My first 3 were all "surprises"...but very wanted surprises!

·
Registered
165 Posts
hey everyone. I havent posted in awhile. I want to say congrats to all the new BFPs may your pregnancies be healthy and filled with joy!
As for me, I am not doing too hot. MY DH's second semen analysis came back as bad as the first. He is going to see a uriologist next friday. We are just hoping that what ever is causing it is fixable. I'm near the end of my 2ww cd22 and 8 dpo) althought after the bad semen analysis resutls this 2ww is just waiting for AF to come.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome, Clara!

Ang: Whew! Thanks - all that info is really good to know. (and it's good that I'm not the only one thinking I'm gonna jinx myself!
) I'm sure I will feel a lot more....um....comfortable....knowing that I don't have to try to "trap" the stuff in there.
hee hee

harmoni: we'll definitely be
: that the problem is something minor and very easily fixed!

geck: hope your AF shows up (hhmm....not very often we wish that on eachother in these ttc threads
)

·
Registered
132 Posts
sign me up! I'm 26, will be 27 in a few months, TTC #1. We're on our 5th cycle, and are currently 6 DPO.

I was afraid of the Huge Thread. This one is more welcoming

oh, and my name is Julia.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ang - I'm sorry
sounds like you're doing ok, though - glad you're in a better place than the past couple days. Ready to get back on the rollercoaster?
I hope this next cycle is it!

Clara & Julia!

geck_07 -
: that you'll O soon!

harmoni - glad you're back &
: that the doc figures out a simple fix for your dh!

kewpie-o -
woohoo, crampiness!

I'm 7dpo today and have been on the downhill of this 2ww's roller-coaster. My temp was just barely down this morning, and then I was reading a thread about low progesterone/short lp & how many times even if you get preg. it ends up in a m/c... I've just been feeling kind of discouraged. I haven't had many symptoms to speak of - sore breasts, but that's normal, I've been really tired, but I was for a couple days before O, too, and have been feeling a bit cold-y, and I've had some cramping on and off for the past two days and today, too. (can implantation cramping be just on one side, or is it always in the middle? I've had both...) I thought I saw the tiniest bit of spotting once today, but I think in reality it was probably the light ... ok, or my imagination
:

Trying to stay positive, though, and relax...let go...be patient...

Does anyone know if there's a place in mdc where successful pregnancy charts are posted?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to our two newbies I will add you right now. i hope your TTC is shoret and sweet.

Ang i am so sorry af showed,and i feel the same as you when it comes to

·
Registered
514 Posts

Hi everyone! this is my first time posting on the TTC board, but since we JUST decided to TTC #3, I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name is Jenna (age:26) and my husband's name is Chris (age: 38). We have two beautiful children. Jordana was born on 07/04/04 and passed away on 06/24/05. Joshua was born 04/05/06 (concieved the day before his big sister went to heaven) and is the only reason I am able smile these days. I love both of my babies with every ounce of my heart... but I ache so deeply for another daughter - I can't even expain it.

No one will ever replace Jordana - and we would never want that - it's just something inside me SCREAMS that we need another daughter. If we are blessed enough to have one, we want to name her Elliana Rose. Rose is Jordana's middle name and it would mean a lot to us to be able to name our next baby after her.

That being said, we'll probably end up with another boy in 10 months, which would be just as wonderful. I'll try again for a girl if we do.

I just hope that we are successful TTC. I hope all of you are too!

xo
Jenna

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome Julia & Jenna! Much baby dust to you!

Jenna: I went to little Jordana's memorial web site and it is really beautiful. I'm so sorry for your pain. It is something that I cannot even imagine. My heart really hurts for you! I think it is awesome that you have kept her memory alive with all of those adorable photos. I hope your ttc journey is very short and you end up w/ another precious little one in your arms very soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
May I join??

This is only my second post (1st was in the welcome forum)

My name is Alaynna and I am 22 years old...this will be my husband's and my TTC #1...I am new to all of this so I will probably have questions about trying to concieve. Thanks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome Julia & Jenna!

Jenna: Little Jordana's memorial page was so sweet!! I am so sorry to hear about your about the accident and your pain!! Hang in there!! I will keep my
: for you in hope you get another healthy baby!!

1 - 20 of 328 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.