Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm not TTC. But I WANT to be TTC...it just isn't a good time for us and I still have a little convincing of dh to do. I'm HOPING to start ttc next year, and I just can't help but lurk.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Oh it is so understanding to lurk here!! WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
That said, we do have a waiting to be ready category on the one thread!!
Come on over and join us, the more the merrier--besides, I find I obcess more over other peoples charts than my own
:

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
I've been where you are for a long time (thankfully, now we're TTC) and it's a HARD road. ITA with Shannon about coming over to the "one thread"-- you need a lot of support while waiting!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I'm a ttc wanna-be too (maybe ttc-ing--its all confused). The one thread intimidates me--I feel like I shouldnt be there until I know I am ttc-ing--but then again everyone seems so well connected and supportive. I will probably jump in soon....just testing the waters I guess.

Sorry to hijack your thread--but glad to see someone else waiting to ttc on the board! and check out the preparing to have babies thread (i can't think of its name for the life of me!)

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Weetzie, come on over!! Really!!! As I said we have a whole section on the "roll call" for waiting to be ready. Please don't be intimidated by us, we don't bite (well, maybe Alexis, but she calls it foreplay....)
So come on over, chart stalking becomes adictive!!
(btw, this is only my second month trying again, so I was here for a few months "waiting to be ready")

Hope to see you all real soon....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
me too, me too!!! i thought i was the only one that spent a lot of time in the ttc and i'm pregnant forums (and i'm not either right now)! but soon, i hope....

jodi, mom to joseph 3-31-02

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon0218
Please don't be intimidated by us, we don't bite (well, maybe Alexis, but she calls it foreplay....)
Ooooh Shannon, you know you like it, too

(For the record, I HATE being bitten, but I do kinda like to bite
Just little love nips, I SWEAR!)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Me, me!! Add me to the list of thinking about TTC. LOL! I am reading, researching, and generally doing time fillers until I can officially start. I still have my IUD in, and I am scared to get it out. Plus DD is so demanding right now, I am not sure I could handle being pg at the moment, but I am hoping by October or so to officially join the TTC group!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
You can add me to this list too. I will be calling my doctor to see
how soon I can get my IUD out.

And to think just about a year or so ago I thought I didn't want anymore.
I am so excited and I can't wait to start trying again.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexisyael
(For the record, I HATE being bitten, but I do kinda like to bite
Just little love nips, I SWEAR!)

Hmmmm....I think I am going to like it here, my thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
(excuse the typos...NAK)

i think i belong here...i have been lurking here for so long that women who were here when i came already have their babies
: :LOL We are not sure if we are or aren't TTC...some days we say we want to wait awhile before we try, somedays we say that whatever happens is fine and we are ok with the idea of another child. Right now my dh is in school so money is tight...we are trying to wait. My problem is I
pregnancy, birth, and babies so this is hard to put off. So I allow myself to dream and enjoy other people's BFPs

p.s. YAY SHANNON!!!!! Congrats

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ligmom
(excuse the typos...NAK)

i think i belong here...i have been lurking here for so long that women who were here when i came already have their babies
: :LOL We are not sure if we are or aren't TTC...some days we say we want to wait awhile before we try, somedays we say that whatever happens is fine and we are ok with the idea of another child.
:LOL I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in my lurkdom!

We were the same way when ttc (or not!) our second ds. I was ready, but dh wasn't, so for months he vascillated between being ready and not being ready. Then we bought a house, joked about how my sister got pg right after she and her dh bought their house...and a few weeks later I was pg!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
We are not TTC until the end of this year (hopefully) but I am here all the same! I need to get ready you know!? I just ovulated for the first time since having Maxi this past month so now I feel like we are actually getting on track to start!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have NO IDEA when we'll be ready to TTC again but i am soooo addicted to the whole idea
We know we want one more but on some days we *think* we do :LOL So I'm definately part of this little tribe of wannabe's!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, my dh said that maybe....if we reach the financial goals we set by the end of the year ... I'll get a nice 30th birthday present in December: starting to ttc!

Now let's just hope I can reach those goals!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am right there with you all. Me & my hubby decided yesterday that I will get my IUD taken out soon. We really would like to get pg early next year but we figured it might take a little while after having the IUD & I still have not had a period since my son was born (he is still nursing constantly). Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know if it hurts very much to get the IUD taken out? I'm a little scared.

·
Registered
994 Posts

We can't be trusted to use b/c properly... Who knows, maybe we are subliminally ttc? I knew I was too absent-minded for the pill when dd was conceived - but the patch is supposed to cure that. HA!

*goes to make appt for an IUD*

We can OFFICIALLY TTC in 1 year and 3 months.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahloughmiller
I am right there with you all. Me & my hubby decided yesterday that I will get my IUD taken out soon. We really would like to get pg early next year but we figured it might take a little while after having the IUD & I still have not had a period since my son was born (he is still nursing constantly). Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know if it hurts very much to get the IUD taken out? I'm a little scared.
Sorry for being BC dense but what is IUD?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahloughmiller
Does anyone know if it hurts very much to get the IUD taken out? I'm a little scared.
I thought it hurt having one put in, but it didn't hurt to have it taken out. I was rather apprehensive, but I didn't even feel it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.