Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I also posted this in TTC after loss but this board is much hotter.

Today I got my period about 20 minutes after a negative hpt.
AF is a MF!

I don't want to chart! I don't want to temp! I just want to get pregnant. ug.

OK, This was only the 2nd cycle that we've ttc, but I am not a patient woman. I am a believer in paying attention to CM--that's how I got preg. with DS and my angel. Both times we got it right away when we did it on the "right day."

I am just so annoyed with my assymetrical body right now. and the anniversary of our loss is this month (ectopic/tube burst/near death experience, blah blah blah). I was hoping to be pregnant so I wouldn't feel as down about it. So much for that.

Question- will you get signs of ovulation (CM, OPK+, temps and such) if you ovulate from the tubeless ovary?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hey Kathleen,

I'm in the same boat, except my ectopic was with pregnancy #1 - same report as yours. My situation is a little more complicated because I have PCOS, and only my left ovary (the one without a corresponding tube) seems to like clomid!

To address your question: yes, if you have only both ovaries but only one tube, you will get the same ovulatory symptoms as when you had both tubes. The hormonal response is driven by the hormonal production of the ovaries themselves.

Good luck ttc - my doc always reminds me that the remaining tube can always pick up an egg from the opposite ovary!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Katiemare and Celesterra

I am a fellow ectopic survivor. My ectopic was in my left tube too, however it was thanks to me standing my ground in the ER that they were able to save my tube in the surgery. If they had sent me home like they wanted to, it would have ruptured
. I already had extreme pain and a pool of internal bleeding. Thank god for my strong intuition.

My ob/gyn who did my surgery said she saved my tube but doesnt think it will 'work' which worries me even more! I am in my first month ttc after my EP 8 months ago and every little 'twinge' sends me into a spin (I am on CD 21 of a 21 day cycle but dont think I am positive this month - intuition again?). I hope that my possible scenarios are that the tube is either FULLY blocked from scar tissue or somehow miraculously works if I have a left sided ovulation. If it doesnt work properly and is partially open, I could risk another - heaven forbid . Sometimes I wonder if I would be better off if they had removed it?

I too have heard that the good tube can float across and pick up the egg from the opposite side - you have every bit a good chance as anyone else to get pregnant again normally.

It is a horrible and frightening legacy to live through. Best of luck mama's!!

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I lost 1 tube/ovary due to Endo & conceived DS in my my early 40s with no help!!
how that happened...
we'll never know - a blessing I guess.
We are TTC now

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mama2eve and polka.

A friend of mine whose 1 ovary was removed was told by her obgyn that she'd probably ovulate every month (obviously just on the one side that has eggs). Those of us with 2 ovaries and one tube have a chance of ovulating from the no-tubed side and the egg "going nowhere."

I don't think that my right tube is going out of it's way to pick anyone up over on the left side over here. I got all the signs of ovulation (including a fresh chin pimple), and we did it 3 times that week. still nothin'. (by the way, is there an alternative abbreviation instead of 'BD'? That just completely grosses me out.)

So, it's CD2 and I hope hope hope that this month my right one is gonna drop one!

mama2eve, I understand why you're scared.
what can you do?

·
Banned
155 Posts
I have both tubes/ovaries, but until a few months ago, only one set was useful - I had a double uterus, with only one cervical opening, into the right uterus, so the left side was blocked and useless, no swimmers could get in there. But, I have 2 kids and have been pg several times just from the one side, so it can happen. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all... I am new to this board but thought I would join in here. I too have only one tube that works. You see I had my tubes tied in May 1998. I then had them reversed on 6-05. I had an HSG *-05 which revealed that only my right side is open(for which I am eternally greatful). But I have been trying for 4 months and I still can't get it right... I wonder if we took clomid... if that would help our chances? I mean would that help both ovaries ovulate every month? Am I constanly ovualting from the wrong side? What can I do to help the left ovary to be the one? I feel so helpless and I know you gals do to but wondered if any of you had any advice? I too had a tubal at 5 wks but saved the tube(back in 97')...

Thanks for letting me jump in
Gabi

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Hugs Mama. I had a burst ovarian cyst/near death experience a few years ago and can't even imagine what it would have been like to add losing a pregnancy to that experience! Really intense.

My mother had an ectopic pregnancy, lost her tube, and went on to have two more babies. . . she actually had an easier time getting (and staying) pg post-ectopic than she did before. It is definitely possible! And she believes that when she conceived my sister, it was from an egg in the tubeless ovary.

Good luck! Hoping this month is your month!

Lex

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
:

I have just one tube and one ovary due to surgery in 1997. I seem to be ovulating regularly these days and we to conceive soon. I am starting to chart cf and temps just to know my body a little better...

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
checkin in... i'm also in the wait. Katiemare, you'll know much sooner than I - good luck! we just had a bfp on the 30+ thread from someone who also was convinced it wasn't her month!

we finished our protocol of gonal-f with ovidrel trigger this week... the iui was on tuesday. we had 3 mature follicles on the "good" side, 2 more on the left. dh's "contribution" was good: 79mil count and 89% motility. i am hopeful. of course it's waaaaay to early to even begin speculating.

good luck to everyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just wanted to share with you ( and hopefully encourage) that my mother had an ectopic pregnancy first. It burst, she nearly died, etc. Anway, she went on to concieve the 3 of us with 1 tube and ovary. I hope you all conceive soon!! Best wishes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.