Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) When will my stomach start shrinking?

2) Why is it getting bigger? I'm serious! I was a size 6 before this, went up to 8's (couldn't find maternity jeans I liked) and while they were getting snug when sitting and I needed to unbutton them, today I realized that not only am I unbuttoning them but zipping them too so I can sit down! I'm also leaving them unbuttoned while walking around because there to sung. I assume this is due to more and more blood clots filling up my uterus? My stomach is now even with my boobs. I'm sure someone is going to mention it, I've had multiple detailed u/s of my uterus and surrounding parts and there is NO twin hiding in there that could be accounting for the growth.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
When was your last ultasound? Can you feel the top of your fundus? With my last m/c my uterus got really swollen and full of clots and my tummy continued to grow after the m/c. I ended up having a D&C and my tummy shrunk down pretty quickly after that.
This time my tummy seemed to be almost flat right after the m/c but it's lookin' kind of round again. Maybe I'm retaining water from all the coffee/soda/beer I've been drinking. It's really crumby to look pregnant and not be pregnant. I'm still wearing my maternity tank tops I just bought before the m/c and unbuttoning my pants to sit down.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
If you lay on your back and relax you abdominal muscles you can feel where the top of your uterus is if it's really swollen. Is your abdomen tender? I hope that it's just fluid retention that is causing your swollen belly and that your uterus isn't filling with clots. Did you end up having a D&C? Is your stomach is bigger now than it was before the m/c?

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, tried it and couldn't find it. My belly kinda dissapeared when I laid down. Uterus doesn't hurt poking around (surprised me because on Monday it hurt like hell, as in just as a c/s 6 hours ago hurt) but my poor stomach hurts!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I hope everything is alright. It can be so frustrating not knowing what's going on inside your body. I spend so much time analyzing every feeling to figure out if it's normal or if it's a sign something is wrong. I think that feeling sore is pretty normal. Just keep watching for heavy bleeding, increase in temp and severe cramping/abdominal pain.
Try to relax....it can make such a big difference just to chill out for a little while. Keep me posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my stomach decided to shrink today and I was able to fit in my regular jeans easily by noon
No idea what happened but it was just *gone* this morning when I got up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts