Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turkish Kate's Turkish Baby is here!

Ahmet Mazhar K***** was born on Friday, 16 March, at 11:54 am. He weighed 3850 grams (about 8.5 pounds) and was 52 cm long (about 20.5 inches).

I've posted lots under the UC forum, you will find his birth story in bits and pieces there, and I will put it all together and post it later.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Congratulations, Kate!
I am so sorry that your birth was so much the opposite of what you had planned and worked for...I've been there, it hurts so much
Hope your whole family is enjoying your new little boy!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just got finished reading your story on the UC board. You are such a trooper! I am so glad to hear that you were able to make the decisions that were comfortable for you without pressure from the OB. Welcome to Ahmet! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
450 Posts
HI Kate,
Congratulations on the birth of your son. I am so sorry to hear that it did not go as you had planned and hoped for. I planned a natural hospital birth with my first son and ended up with an epidural and an emergency c/s--basically the opposite of what I had dreamed. It is, as you said, physically and emotionally very very hard. I found the emotional part to be the worst, and still 2 years later am processing my feelings. It does get better though. I have tears in my eyes b/c I can completely feel for you; my prayer and hope for you is that you continue to enjoy your little boy and give yourself time and space to process what happened, and believe that you will begin to feel better, both physically and emotionally. Welcome to the world, Ahmet!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I haven't read your story, but it sounds like things did not go as planned - I understand that all too well and may be back in that boat this pregnancy as well.

Congrats on your baby! I'm glad he's here, safe and sound!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Congrats Kate!! You are incredibly strong, mama. I'm so beyond sorry that you didn't have the birth you planned and prepared for, but so glad you were able to have a care provider who didn't pressure or bully you. You are incredibly trooper and I hope you recover quickly.

How's you daughter enjoying big sisterhood? I bet she's over the moon!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
congrats momma. i am so happy for you that you are finally able to hold your baby. I'm sorry things ended up happening the way they did. I hope you have a really speedy recovery and enjoy your baby moon! (((hugs)))

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.