Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you turn the heat on in your house? Do you wait until it reaches 68 degrees or 55 degrees in your house before turning on the heater? It's 64 degrees in my house right now and we have not turned on the heat. We are *freezing*
Can you tell we live in FL and have thin blood?

I'm trying to hold off as long as I can before using the heater.

Would space heaters be cheaper to use and how safe are they? I'm thinking of getting one for our bedroom because even with the heater turned on the bedroom stays VERY cold. It's the way our duct work is in the house.

· Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to say out of everyone I've asked that lives here, we are the only ones who have not turned on the heat. I was surprised by that.

I agree with extra layers. I refuse to pay for heat so I can walk around in a t-shirt and shorts in the house. My family has been complaining and I tell them to put on clothes! I've pulled out the winter clothes and slippers. Wearing robes over pjs has helped. We also pulled out our lovely down comforter. I need to buy two more for the kids because I wake up with them under my comforter. I feel like an Eskimo family.

The worst though is when you're in the process of getting dressed or when you get out of the shower. BURRRRR. That's why I was thinking a space heater in the bathroom maybe. You get warm in the shower and the chill sets in as soon as you step out of it.

· Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adasmommy View Post
I guess I'm the thinnest skinned in the land--I have the heat on at night to 72 degrees and we're still freezing! Sometimes I turn it on during the day when my two year old wont keep her clothes on, much less her socks!

We're in Florida too so keep in mind that a month ago I had my AC on everyday set to 84 degrees so it may take us a couple of months to acclimate to the temperature drop!
:

I hear ya! My AC was set at 86 degrees so 64 degrees is turning my fingers numb.
My 2 yr old runs around naked all the time as well. I have a heck of a time keeping clothes on him so his lips don't turn blue. Why is it children don't notice when they're cold?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.