Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you find any of our suggestions helpful? Did laundry day seem any easier or, dare I say, more enjoyable? Do tell.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well- I tried the presoak in the pail idea and realized that it's more work than I want to do. A full pail of wet diapers is really HEAVY! Then I washed with a new detergent that I am not sure I like- I got it at Walmart- it's a cheapo called Sun. But I did a hot wash with it- no vinegar because I didn't have the downy ball. I didn't like the way the diapers smelled when it was done- couldn't tell if it was pee or the new detergent- so I ran them through another hot wash and it was better. I guess I wasn't well prepared for the switch! No vinegar, no Downy Ball.<br><br>
My plan for next time is to run them through on the wool setting (short cold wash and soak) with vinegar. Then the hot wash with 1/4 c detergent and Downy ball 1/2 full with vinegar. (I got the ball today) It will be worth it to pay for two washes if I don't have to fuss with soaking and dumping and washing the tub after- ugh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts