Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I also posted this in the homebirth forum, but I think I might get more feedback here.<br>
 </p>
<p>I don't post on Mothering very often (at all), but please... I'm desperate here, ladies!<br><br>
Any of this sound familiar?<br><em>A newly pregnant mother is assured by her ocal care provider that all her desires for a natural twin birth with a midwife, to include laboring in water and no other staff present, are completely doable. Flash forward a month, and she's told her prenatal care needs be "co-managed" by an OB.<br>
Still, assured that OB needn't be present.<br>
Next appointment, change of plans! The tub is out because it's twins.<br>
Next appointment, told OB must be present for twins.<br>
Then, I must deliver in OR.<br>
Later told two doctors will be present. Oh, and there also needs to be two nurses.<br>
Then... well, I've lost track of all the horse crap.</em><br><br>
Our insurance will ONLY cover a home birth if it's with a CNM. No other form of midwife is acceptable, unfortunately. This was our original reason for choosing a hospital birth; we could only find CMs at the time.<br><br>
Now that my care has gone down hill, <strong>I'm desperately and frantically seeking a CNM who serves the South Puyallup area.</strong><br>
So... anyone know of a CNM who will attend a TWIN home birth? I'm beyond desperate.</p>
<p><br>
If it's relevant, our insurance is TriCare. A homebirth is covered, but <em>only if it's a CNM.</em> I'm 25 weeks already, so I realize that any CNM who'd do it will likely be booked already, but I need to at least try.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
<p>One of my friends, who's a doula, recommended that you contact Marie Wakefield in Puyallup.  I'm assuming that Tricare won't cover her though, but she may be able to help.  </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts