Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is driving me nuts!!!<br>
I would like to and what I did the first few days was change one and then the other, feed them at the same time or almost the same time, and then put them both to sleep. I know this isn't how it always works but for the most part it went pretty smoothly. Ever since about Sunday though, I would change them both, and only Oliver would feed. Samuel refuses. So after I feed, burp, comfort and put Oliver to sleep thats when Samuel is ready.<br>
I'm really frazzled and feel like I have absolutely no breaks at all.<br>
They feed about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours so it feels like as soon as I'm done feeding and burpping and changing it starts all over again.<br>
I'm sure this feeling is common to all first time moms of twins but i can't stand this!!<br>
Is there any way to get them back on the same schedule or at almost 2 weeks I'm kidding myself?

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
There is a parenting multiples section and Im betting you'll get good advice if you post this over there.<br><br>
I will have twins soon, so I look forward to hearing what you learn.

·
Registered
5 Posts
<p>I have no advice for you but I feel your pain! My girls are 5 1/2 months old and are STILL not on the same schedule. Every now and then we have a day where they take two 1 1/2 hour naps at the same time (sometimes 2 hours!!) and it is blissfull and glorious. I have to remind myself that it's okay to be frustrated at the situation, but not at the babies. They are two different people, so of course they aren't going to be exactly the same. I know how hard and complicated it is to deal with two at once, but I am sure that you are doing a great job and know that it will get better and easier!</p>

·
Registered
140 Posts
<p>May not be what you want to hear but my girls didn't really get on the same schedule until about 6 or 6 and 1/2 months.  Everything before that was on demand separately, as each needed.  Once they got a little older, and were able to wait longer between feedings and their napping had consolidated a bit, it was not difficult to get them on the same schedule -- we put together a reasonable schedule based on how things were naturally falling at that point, and then used it for a week -- waking, sleeping and eating at the same time (sometimes we would let one twin nap a little longer or sleep a little longer at night than the early riser), then tweaked the schedule again, and then used it for a week, then tweaked again and came up with our current "final" schedule.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts