Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience EC'ing with twins or know of any resources?<br><br>
We have been making some attempts over the past several weeks but seem to have more misses than catches. It always seems that just as one baby needs me the other pees! Wearing one baby in a sling has been quite successful, but I can only carry one and even then not all the time.<br><br>
Am I just sending confusing messages by only doing this sometimes? Is it worth the effort and extra laundry? Seems like I now go through 5-6 outfits per day as well as cloth diapers.<br><br>
I get really excited when we have some success, but this seems to be followed by several days of frustration.<br><br>
The twins are now 4 months old

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
THere was a mama on here a few months ago looking for resources on ECing twins- they seem to be few and far between, but are out there. I contacted diaperfreebaby.org on her behalf and got some contact info, but I don't think the mama ever returned to the forum. You may want to contact <a href="http://www.diaperfreebaby.org" target="_blank">www.diaperfreebaby.org</a> and ask them for any information they might have.<br><br>
As far as sending confusing signals, I'm torn on that since I caught myself sending my 5.5 mo old mixed messages by diapering sometimes and ECing others, but then getting sad when he peed if we were going to EC- I realised it wasn't working and just did away with the dipes alltogether. I think with twins I'd try to do a few catches consistantly (like wake-up ones and 5-15mins after feeding ones) and then any additional ones as they present themselves, maybe....??<br><br>
Just out of curiosity, when you say the one pees just as you put them down to potty the other one- where are you putting them?? I know my DS in our early EC days would *always* pee if he was in any kind of baby 'device' like a swing, bouncy chair, highchair, carseat, etc. but never while being worn. So, if you can, try holding one in a sling while you potty the other maybe, and if they don't go, then keep holding them until they sginal (squirm?) that they need to go now??<br><br>
Can you potty them together anyway? and are you cuing?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I have scoured diaper free babies site, but that is a great idea to contact them directly.<br><br>
I love the idea of EC and wish I had known about it for my older two children. It certainly would have been a much gentler learning curve! When I have just one I really feel like I have success. On the weekend when DH was around it was much easier.<br><br>
I do cue and to a certain extent this has been my main focus. Just letting them be naked and then make psss sound when I see them go. DS seems to be starting to put it together and is associating the sound with the sink with peeing. My question is when I take him I cue verbally and then wait. If he doesn't go right away is it OK to recue and how long should I wait.<br><br>
Thankks

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'd definitely say it's okay to recue. If they don't need to pee right them, give it a rest and reapproach the matter later.<br><br>
A huge giveaway for my DS is a full penis when he needs to pee- it took me a while to be able to tell which was just him pushing forwards and giving the illusion of full and which was a indeed full penis that needed to pee, but it's unmistakeable now and a dead giveaway- a major reason we had such success getting rid of dipes alltogether and going nakey bum (easier in warmer weather).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts