Mothering Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
<p>Congratulations are your twins!!  How exciting and what a wonderful surprise!</p>

·
Registered
458 Posts
<p>Oh my gosh!! Congratulations!! I'm shocked! How awesome!!! That's an amazing story!!!</p>

·
Registered
220 Posts
<p>Wow!!! You rock!!! Way to go girl!!! Can't wait for pix.....good luck!!</p>

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
<p>Wow!  Congratulations!!!</p>

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
<p>We named Baby B, Bridget Marie Opal. My husband picked it out all by himself (which is really something if  you knew my husband ;) Bridget is after the Celtic Goddess of fire and poetry. Marie is after my middle name, and I had to arm wrestle him to include Opal, but I so love how it sounds. Thanks for all of the well-wishes!</p>

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
<p>Wow what an amazing story! Love the name Bridget BTW ;)</p>

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there I am 36 weeks along myself right now and realize this post is from almost 11 years ago now but I am experiencing the same things: hiccups on my lower left consistently (which is where baby's heart beat has been found consistently as well at my midwife appointments) and then minutes or hours later way up on my upper right and not in synchronization (not higher and lower movements at the same time as if one is a foot kicking). I also have the feeling of baby's body on both left and right sides. My two midwives last two appointments felt baby's back on the right side but picked up the heart beat on the left. I notice movements are less frequent but intense overall this pregnancy and happen on all sides of my tummy rather than in the center like my last pregnancies. Also, I'm measuring heavier weight wise than anytime before but only 2-3cm ahead.

I am curious did your twin movements feel different compared to your singleton (aside from the obvious hiccups)? And I know you were measuring bigger but was weight gain much more too?

I have a midwife appointment this Thursday and will ask her for a double check on heart beats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just wanted to update that I had my midwife appointment yesterday and she confirmed a heart beat on each side (far left and right) of uterus. She was palpating my stomach and said "we're sure it's not twins, right?" And then reassured herself it wasn't because I had an ultrasound at 24 weeks that didn't show twins. So she suggested baby could be laying on its side and she was able to pick up heart beat from its chest and it's back. She offered me an ultrasound for security but since the pandemic, ultrasounds have been tricky to book and we already have one scheduled for June 1st anyway (a day after my due date). So we will just leave it at that for now.

Time will tell!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts