Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,<br><br>
This is short notice but I have a midwife appt on monday and during out last appt my midwife said that after this one we will be doing the appt's every two weeks instead of monthly...<br><br>
isn't this a little too soon???<br><br>
i still have 14 weeks left, why bi-weekly visits already?<br><br>
i may ask her to schedule at least the next one a month from this appt and then do the bi-weekly thing...<br><br>
am i wrong?<br><br>
TIA for any suggestions and advice.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Well, I wouldn't do anymore than what you want to do. It sounds like doing the next visit in a month and then going every other week would make sense.<br><br>
I think it's usually months 7-8 every other week and then every week month 9. Is that right? I can't quite remember.<br><br>
Listen to your heart. If you think every other week from here on out is too much, then don't do it. Afterall, you are the one ultimately in charge of this pregnancy and delivery. It's your body, your wisdom and your baby. I'm sure your MW will be open to what you have to say.<br><br>
Best wishes!

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Some mws do every two week appts after 28 weeks, others do it after 30 weeks, others after 32.<br><br>
I usually vary a bit - usually at 32 weeks, though. We do two 2-week visits, then start on weekly.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Does anyone know why the weekly visits are necessary if everything has been going well so far? I'm really dreading the weekly appts, as my MW recently moved her office so that we have to drive an hour each way in bad traffic (regardless of what time our appt is). Every other week seems excessive at this point even.<br><br>
Maybe I should just quit complaining and have a UC...<br><br>
peace, Beth

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Ah, Beth, I'm not sure why the schedule is so frequent at the end. Perhaps to really be in touch more in case there are questions, to discuss birth plans/values, etc.<br><br>
It does suck that you have to drive so far. Any chance on doing a couple at your home?

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;"><i>Originally posted by Beth-TX</i><br><b>Does anyone know why the weekly visits are necessary if everything has been going well so far? I'm really dreading the weekly appts, as my MW recently moved her office so that we have to drive an hour each way in bad traffic (regardless of what time our appt is). Every other week seems excessive at this point even.</b></td>
</tr></table></div>
I dread weekly even bi-weekly appts for this reason too. Except my drs/mw's didn't move their office I moved away. I plan on streching them out as much as I can toward the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts