Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not sure what to title this so FORGIVE ME!

Ok Here is the link to:

THE NEWS STORY

Here is the link to:

The family blog

the yspound liek and MDC style family. All teh Mom did was want to explore options and DISAGREE with the ONE Docs "prescription" for treatment! She knew her rights and they were still illegally violated!

Quote:
I think they should treat her for what her body calls for and not standard protocol. Nobody will look at that," she said. "Not every cancer is the same. Nobody understands that. Her body is not standard, and her cancer is not standard."
This is from the blog, sounds like one of our own!!

Quote:
Why are the doctors doing this, Katie appears to be part of a study where they allocate kids randomly to one treatment, say standard Chemo + Radiation, and Chemo only in the other treatment. Parents are not informed of this. They are doing research on our kids. Collecting research money from the drug companies I guess. Dr. Alter said before " I don't need your permission to do it." This is wrong. Parents (should) have a right to choose the best medical treatment for their child. Apparently not in Texas. The State (CPS) is trying to do it for my child. This is not a case of medical neglect where I have not sought treatment or refused to allow my child to be treated. She went through 4 chemo treatments and we had to watch her suffer through that ordeal and were by her side all the way, the doctor and nurses weren't there for her. Call the Hospital, demand a full investigation, go public, get tv and radio stations to pick up the story and interview the parents. We may be in jail by then, so hurry.
Please read it all! I felt ill when I saw it! get the word out! More proof that Docs are seen as gods in our country...

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
Quote:
Last week, authorities issued an Amber Alert to gain custody of Katie after receiving an anonymous tip about possible neglect. She was found with her mother at a family ranch, about 80 miles west of Corpus Christi near Freer, on Saturday.
Gah.... Terrible abuse of what is supposed to be an emergency system. This family is being mistreated, for sure. And while the article was largely fair and neutral they negate any balance when they post a poll question like

Quote:
Should CPS take custody of a child who, with the help of parents, is refusing to receive treatment for a terminal disease?
They didn't refuse treatment. They are being selective of treatment and exercising their right to give INFORMED consent.
Ugh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a very slippery slope. What's next? You exercise an exemption for a vaccination, and they come in and haul your child away from you?

What really gets me is that radiation itself is carcinogenic. So Mom and Dad are being punished for not exposing their daughter to exactly what they are trying to cure her of.

If she were 60 years old, it would be one thing...but at such a young age, God only knows the effects it could have on her down the road.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
This makes my blood boil!!!

Quote:
CPS also took custody of Katie's three siblings because their mother refused to cooperate with their investigation into the issue. A court hearing to determine who will be given custody of the children was set for June 15.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts